Chapter 10: The Destined Ninja

During the night, Cole, Zane, and Jay are all outside on the deck of the Destiny's Bounty, each attacking the silhouette of what appears to be Lizaru. In the middle of the battle, a light shines onto them, they were only attacking a training dummy.

"Good training. Your powers are getting stronger. But where's Kai?" Nya asked

Inside the Bounty, Kai carelessly wears the Green Ninja suit "Fire! Unlock Fire! Uh, Fire go! Shoot flames! Oh, come on. Everyone else can do it. So can you. Bring heat!"

The Ninja find him in front of a mirror and laugh.

"Very nice. Perhaps if you tried the phrase "Fire dork," maybe it might work" Cole laughed

Kai removed the mask "How long have you all been watching?"

"The Green Ninja suit. That's awesome!" Jay said excitedly

"Well, I was looking for some kind of clue from Sensei and then I found this" Kai explained "but strangely the Purple Ninja suit isn't with it"

Zane shook his head "Kai you know only he who is foretold to face Lord Garmadon is destined to be the Green Ninja, and only he should wear the Green Ninja outfit. So Sensei would most likely be very—"

Kai sighed "I know, I know. But I thought if I just tried it on, it might help me see my True Potential. It's not fair that you guys have unlocked your cool powers and I still haven't. Besides, Sensei's gone and we don't know when he's coming back—"

A door opens and they hear Wu "Hello? I'm home"

All but Kai yells "Sensei!"

Kai goes to change back into his gi. The others greet Wu.

Wu chuckled "Ah. It's so good to be home"

"So glad you're back" Zane said

"Did you bring us anything?" Cole questioned

Jay smiled "Oh, Sensei, have you missed a lot. Zane's a Nindroid, Nya's the mysterious Samurai, Cole's a dancer, Lloyd's friend is Cole's little cousin—"

"Zane is a...what?" Wu questioned confused

"We'll catch you up later. But you should know, all of us except for Kai have discovered our True Potential" Zane informed

"Have you now? Where is Kai?" Wu asks

Kai runs in, in his own gi "Right here. So glad you're back safe" Garmadon comes up from behind Wu "Aah! Sensei, behind you!" He goes to attack the Dark Lord while Zane dives to guard Wu.

"Kai, stop!" Wu shouted "He is the reason I left. For so long as Pythor has Lloyd, he will be our guest"

The ninjas were all shocked

"We have to live with this guy?"

"But Sensei, he has four arms!"

"Uh, must I remind you ever since he turned evil, he's been trying to get our Golden Weapons?"

"Enough!" Wu shouted

"Yes, Sensei" the boys all said

"This isn't about the weapons. It's about my son" Garmadon clarified

"From here on out, you will obey me and you will respect my brother" Wu ordered

"Yes, Sensei" the ninjas agreed

"Now to the bridge. We must put our attention to more pressing matters" Wu commanded and they headed to the bridge

 "So, where are we at with the four Fangblades?" Wu asked