Chapter 68: Firstbourne

With the original four Ninja gone, the Sons of Garmadon took over Ninjago. Those who remained went into hiding. Aria opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling above as she heard the door close.

"It's freezing" Dareth complains

"So they'll never bother to look here" Misako replies "Did you get food?"

"They took everything. Except..." Dareth pulls out the now-stale Puffy Potsticker "Ah-ha! Mr. Chen's Puffy Potsticker. I was gonna save it for later, but it's yours. Eat up, Lloyd. You lost your Elemental Power, but not your appetite"

Lloyd held back a look of disgust "Uh, uh...they're just as hungry as I am"

"No, son. You need your strength" Misako argues

"And we're here to protect you, remember? We insist" Nya tells him

Lloyd reluctantly eats it "Hmm. Puffy."

'are you trying to give him strength or give him food poisoning' Aria closes her eyes again

"Break's over. Let's go again" Nya fought Lloyd while everyone else watches.

Dareth walks over to P.I.X.A.L "How goes the training for the leader of our resistance?"

"Truthfully, not so well. Lloyd says he doubts he can lead us without what makes him powerful" P.I.X.A.L. replies

"But Nya still has her power. Doesn't he believe it'll come back?" Dareth questions

"He wasn't talking about his power. He was talking about his friends" Misako replies

Dareth sighs "Ah, man. I miss those Ninja too. It's only been a week since Emperor Garmadon's taken over, and now everything's upside down. If it means anything, I'll protect the little green guy with my life if it comes to that"

"We all would" Misako agrees

Dareth turns and looks at Aria, who's laying in bed "How goes our princess's recovery?"

"Her wounds themselves are healed..." P.I.X.A.L. looks worried "but she won't get out of bed or speak"

"During this time dark is more powerful so her powers are the strongest, we really need her right now" Misako says "I don't understand, maybe the loss of the ninja are effecting her greatly as well"

"Perhaps we should reach out to the other Elemental Masters" P.I.X.A.L. suggested

"What have they done for Ninjago lately?" Dareth questions

"It has been a while since we saw Skylor" Misako says "But can we trust them?"

Music plays on the television. The Police Commissioner, arrested by the Sons of Garmadon, gets inside the police car.

Ultra Violet is on TV "Oh-ho-ho! Looks like another one bites the dust. Who will be next? Ultra Hunt!"

"Turn it off" Nya says

Everyone jumps as a lightbulb explodes.

Misako sighs "I'll clean up the glass"

Lloyd walks over to Aria's bed and sits on the end "I know you're angry, but you can't keep exploding light bulbs we're running out of them" He kisses her forehead "You gotta get out of bed eventually, I'm working hard you know, I'm sure everything will be ok"

With no response from her, Lloyd sighs and walks back to Nya.

"Ninja never quit. Again" Nya commands and they fight.

-

"Aria you're running too fast wait up!" Lloyd shouts

Aria giggles "You're gonna have to catch me Lloydie"