Chapter 38: The Forgotten Element

Aria sat on a tree watching the other elemental masters have their powers taken "Well Lloyd wasn't taken so I'm sure he's got a plan, but I'm sure I'll have to magically appear and save them like always. I really gotta figure out this dragon form"

-

"Oh look Lloyd's captured" Aria said as she sees Lloyd being taken into the ceremony "I called it"

Chen finished stealing his daughter's power.

"And now for the final Element. Only one can remain!" Chen steals Lloyd's Energy "behold! Every Elemental Power, all in my control! Do you feel the power? I do! All of you who bear the mark of the Anacondrai, it is time. We will shed our skins for new ones, and be the most powerful force in all of Ninjago!"

"Father, let me stand beside you" Skylor says walking over to him

"Yes. Yes. Join me. After today, not only will Master Chen be Ninjago's number one noodle house, but Ninjago's number one ruler!" Chen shouts

"Hey, Chen! You forgot one Element" Kai smirks"The element of darkness!"

Aria jumped in through the window "Aw thinks Kai, I knew you didn't forget about me"

"As the Dark Lord you should be on our side!" Chen shouts

"As the Dark Lord I should keep the balance of darkness in check" Aria clarifies taking out her fans

Skylor kicks Chen's staff away.

"You betray me!?" Chen yells furiously

Aria catches the staff "hey it runs in the family"

Aria uses Lightning on the Cultists and while Kai frees Lloyd

"That was all an act?" Lloyd questions

"Don't worry. I had it all under control. Well, almost" Kai admited

Aria threw the staff to Kai and he used it to give Lloyd his Energy back.

"Hurry, Kai. You must destroy the staff" Lloyd instructs

"Chen was right. This thing's awesome" Kai says as he uses it against cultists

Lloyd became worried "Kai, it holds too much power! Destroy it! The power is corrupting him. If we don't get that staff out of his hands—"

"No one is taking my staff! You had all that power. Now it's my turn!" Kai goes back to normal "Ah, what am I saying?" He gets corrupted again "Nothing I don't already feel! I can't...I can't control it. I don't want to control it! I should've been the Green Ninja"

Cole flies in with the Jet knocking the staff out of Kai's hands.

"Did anyone order some kung pao?" Cole questions

"that's so stupid" Aria complains

Kai and Chen raced for the staff, but Aria grabs it and destroys it.

"No!" Chen shouts as everyone's powers are returned

All 6 of the Ninja reunite and gathered into formation "Ninja, go!" Using Spinjitzu they defeat the cultists.

"It always brings tears to my eyes when I see the old gang back together" Nya commented

Garmadon notices Clouse and Chen escaped. The Masters trapped some Cultists and lead them outside.

"And that's how you betray a master" Aria said "good lesson Garmadon"

"That wasn't a lesson" Garmadon sighed

Kai looked around "It's funny. I came here to find an old friend..."

Zane turns on his funny switch, making everyone laugh "Hello, my baby. Hello, my honey. Hello, my ragtime gal. Send me a kiss by the wire."

"...I just never thought we'd make new ones" Kai finished

"We'll find Skylor and Chen" Aria said placing her hand on his shoulder "I promise"