Chapter 92: Prison

Aria sat in the cold empty cell alone. She knew what she did and she knew she made the right decision. The balance of light and dark are important, if the darkness would've gotten so low a new evil entity would come into existence. One with overwhelming power like her and her father.

It's been weeks since she entered the prison, weeks alone. She couldn't shake the image of Lloyd's face the last time she saw him. He was hurt and betrayed. She knew what that felt like, and she never wanted him to feel that way, but it was the only way to save him.

"lunch" a guard said as he opened her cell

Aria stepped out and walked to the dining room where the other prisoners were. They immediately moved out of her way in fear. The first day she arrived she already made sure they knew who was in charge, but she never made the attempt to escape, which the guards were surprised with.

Aria sat at the table alone, once again not eating.

"If you don't eat you're going to become just skin and bones" a boy says taking a seat beside her

Aria turns and looks at him "Do I know you?"

"Oh I'm Alexander Sterling" the boy flashes vampire teeth "I'm from your kingdom"

"Alexander Sterling..." Aria stares at him "wait you're one of the guards in training"

Alexander smiles a bit "yeah, I'm surprised you remembered my name from the list"

"My Regnant made me memorize all influential family's in my kingdom" Aria explains "you're the son of Constantine and Cassandra Sterling, you're 19 in human years, same as me. Your father is a royal guard and you decided to follow in his footsteps"

"You got it" Alexander says

"What are you doing in Ninjago's prison?" Aria asks

Alexander sighs "One day we were training in the forest, my squad was reckless and we went across the barrier without noticing and accidently hit a nearby town. My squad went back across the border while I went to see if the village was ok. I was captured and sent here"

"that's awful" Aria says "why didn't I know about this?"

"You must've been busy here" Alexander sighs "or my squad didn't notify anyone"

"Alexander" Aria takes his hand "I'm so sorry"

Alexander looks at her surprised and blushed lightly "No worries your highness"

"Alexander, we'll get out of here" Aria tells him "I promise"

Alexander smiles "thank you"

"and don't call me princess or your highness" Aria says annoyed

"Then what do I call you?" he asks

Aria smiles "Aria"

-

From that day on at breakfast, lunch and dinner, Aria and Alexander sat together, and for once since they arrived there.. they didn't feel alone anymore.

Aria opened her eyes as her jail cell was opened.. it wasn't time to eat.

"your bail was paid" Ronin says

"..by who?" Aria asks

"come" Ronin instructs

Aria stands up and follows Ronin to the front. She saw a man standing there with Alexander. Alexander didn't have his glasses on anymore.

"Lord Aria this is my father" Alexander smiles "he came"

Aria smiles "that's great"

"Empress thank you for keeping my son company" the man bows "you've saved him"

"no" Aria shakes her head and looks at Alexander "it was him.. who had saved me"

Alexander and Aria stand next to each other as Aria's vengestone cuffs were taken off. Aria rubs her wrists, she looked over at Alexander's father and goes to talk to him as they took off Alexander's cuffs.

"Mr. Sterling I would like you to appoint your son to be my personal guard" Aria says

Mr. Sterling gasps and bows "it would be my honor your highness, thank you for giving him the opportunity"

"Right now I need someone I trust" Aria says "..and I trust him"

They heard the guards take off Alexanders cuffs and Aria senses a surge of power. 

"I promise I will protect you with my life" she hears Alexander say from behind her

She turns and gasps "y-you"

Alexander smiles and holds his hand out to her "should we get going, Lord Aria?"

Aria stares at him "Alexander your hair... turned silver"