Chapter 83: Questing for Quests

Aria is in her room changing clothes after a shower, when her door opens, it's Lloyd.

"Lloyd!" Aria shouts angrily

He walks in and closes the door "What? It's nothing I haven't seen before"

She sighs "What do you want?"

"Me and the guys have been out all day looking for a quest but Ninjago's too peaceful" Lloyd explains as he sits on her bed

Aria goes into her closet and goes through it "I don't know what to tell you dear, with me and Garmadon being the only real threats to Ninjago right now everything's peaceful" Aria takes out clothes and changes into them "I'm sure something will happen, their's always someone wanting to take over ninjago"

Lloyd sighs, Aria walks over to him and sits on his lap "just be patient" she kisses his forehead

"Yeah, I guess you're right" Lloyd agrees, he wraps his arms around her and just sits there

"Lloyd come here hurry!" They hear Jay shout from the living room

"But i'm comfy" Lloyd whines

Aria laughs and stands up, Lloyd sighs and walks out to the living room with Aria following him. Kai hands Lloyd a soda and points to the TV.

"I'm here with Ninjago's foremost archaeologist, Clutch Powers, who's discovered an unknown pyramid buried deep in the Desert of Doom. Professor Powers, what can you tell us about the pyramid?"

"Absolutely nothing, Gayle. I haven't been inside and I don't plan to" Clutch Powers replies

Gayle Gossip looks confused "But... I thought⁠—"

Clutch Powers takes the microphone "You wanna know what's inside? Traps, booby-traps. Bunkloads of them. Pitfalls and blow darts and fake tiles that collapse when you step on them. Big boulders that drop on you, no thank you"

Lloyd leans forward, watching closely. Nya nudges Cole awake.

"But... isn't that your job, as an archaeologist to you know, explore and go on dangerous quests?"

"Technically, yes. What's your point?" Clutch Powers says

Everyone looks at Lloyd as he gazes at the T.V.

"Well, someone has to go inside"

"It would take a Ninja to survive what's in there" Clutch Powers argues "Do I look like a ninja?!"

"No"

"Point made" Clutch Powers dashes away from the camera

Lloyd jumps up "That's it! That's our quest!"

"I'll pack my bag!" Nya shouts

Cole stands up "Sunscreen! Bring lots of sunscreen!"

"Ooh, this is going to be so much fun!" Jay squeals in delight

"Ninja, GOO!!" The ninja run off to prepare.

Aria looks at the tv

Gayle Gossip sighs "Well, there you have it. Gayle Gossip broadcasting from a mysterious secret pyramid, that's... gonna stay secret, because no one's going in" she walks off, muttering "And I got my hair done, especially for this case. What a bust"

The camera zooms in on a template displaying a snake figure with fire symbols.

"...I think I should go with them" Aria mumbles going to change into her master's gi