Chapter 66: True Potential

The Ninja's are celebrating at Laughy's. Jay, Cole, Kai, Zane, and Nya are singing the Weekend Whip while Aria was sitting at a table with little Wu laughing at them.

"That must be a strange sight. To see someone you've known for so long suddenly look so young" P.I.X.A.L said

"He always had a young soul. At least he's happy" Misako replied

P.I.X.A.L looks at Lloyd, who isolates himself from everyone "Not everyone is happy"

Misako walks to Lloyd "You cared for her, didn't you?"

"I did" Lloyd replied then looked at Aria "But not as much as the one I already have, so it doesn't matter"

Misako put her hand on his shoulder "It mattered to you. Bruises go away. Bones break and heal. But getting your heart broken? Take time to mourn, but don't let it destroy you. If you bury what's good about you beneath a hard shell, you'll turn out no better than Harumi"

Lloyd looked at the tv "Dareth, cut the music"

He did

"What is it, Lloyd?" Misako asked

"Look" Lloyd points to the TV.

Gayle On TV "...where an assailant rammed a stolen garbage truck into the front of it. I am hearing word it was a jail break. A prisoner was freed from custody ...Okay. I'm getting verification the prisoner that was freed was the recently-apprehended Jade Princess, Princess Harumi. Security footage caught the two on video" A clip shows Harumi and Garmadon

Lloyd shook his head "That...That's impossible"

"Could be anyone" Kai suggested

"He has 4 arms!" Aria shouted

"So does Mr. E! Heh. Who doesn't have four arms these days?" Jay laughed nervously

"Aria stopped the ceremony" Lloyd looked at her "didn't you?"

"I have my spell book, they shouldn't have been able to complete it without the spell" Aria replied taking out her book

Jay laughed nervously "I'm telling you that's not him. If that's Lord Garmadon, heh, I'm Lord of the Jig"

Officer On TV "That's-That's when she said "Kneel before Lord Garmadon."

"Ah, okay. That's definitely him" Jay said

Aria looked at him "You better start jiggin"

"Misako, can you find a place to keep Wu somewhere safe?" Nya questioned

"I have a corner pad on the east side. You two can make it your own" Dareth offered

"yes thank you Dareth" Misako replied picking up Wu

Aria looked down at her book that started glowing, she quickly put it behind her to hide it.

"Alright let's get to work" Kai said

"I'm going to look at the spell to see if their's anything we could use" Aria said

"Alright, we'll meet up with you later" Lloyd kissed her cheek "be careful"

With that everyone went their different ways, the ninja going off together, Misako taking Wu to Dareth's, and Aria going to her family's manor.

-

As Aria closed her spellbook she looked on the tv to see Lloyd arriving at Kryptarium prison to fight Garmadon, alone. They were broadcasting it across the world.

"Lloyd no you idiot" Aria quickly ran outside "I need to get to him"

Aria closed her eyes and purple surrounded her

-

Garmadon starts fighting Lloyd, even as he tries getting through to his father. The fight is long and brutal, with Lloyd being heavily overwhelmed by his father. Empowered by the fight, Garmadon starts to unlock his True Potential, and fires destructive energy blasts to cripple Lloyd. After being thrown into the prison's locker room, Lloyd puts up a final fight against his father, but is thrown through numerous brick walls.

Lloyd looked up at Garmadon "You wouldn't hurt me. Your son"

"I have no son" Garmadon throws Lloyd out of the prison.

Harumi laughed evily "Let him live to see his father's reign. Gather everyone. We ride to the city at dawn. It's time Ninjago meets their new emperor. Emperor Garmadon"

Lloyd looks up a bit to see a dragon land near him, when it disappeared he saw Aria running toward him. Aria looked up at the prison at Garmadon and Harumi. He saw her eyes glow purple and he grabbed her hand weakly, he didn't want her to lose control. Aria looked back at Lloyd as her eyes turned green.

Aria wrapped her arms around him "It'll be ok, the ninja are on their way"