Chapter 20: The Stone Army

Sorry I decided to change the name for the book to go more with what I'm planning for the book, but I hope you like the new title and the cover will be changing soon as well.

At the Destiny's Bounty, the Ninja are sleeping, but the alarm clock starts blaring, waking them up.

"Ugh" Cole hits his head on the top bunk.

"Aah!" Jay falls off his bed

Kai throws something at the clock, making it hit a gramophone and makes it louder. The Ninja groan, but Zane, being a Nindroid, is unaffected by the noise. Lloyd uses his Energy to destroy it.

"Is it Wednesday already?" Lloyd questions

"Sunrise exercise. I hate sunrise exercise" Jay complains

Wu comes in, ringing a mini gong "Ah. Good morning, morning, morning! Up, up. It's a new day, students. Before we begin sunrise exercise, I noticed the Dragon made another mess outside. It looks like a two-person job, hehe"

"Uh, what was that, Sensei?" Cole questions

"Did I hear an SOS call come in? Kai asks

"I sense I need to be somewhere else" Zane says

Jay smiled "Lloyd, haha. I'm sure you got this, heh"

"Aww, you might've been able to dump chores on me when I was smaller, but I'm grown up now. That's not fair!" Lloyd argues

Kai sighs "You're right, Lloyd. We need to settle this like men. With a round of Rock, Paper, Clamp! Okay, on three! One, two, three!"

Lloyd chooses rock but everyone else chose paper.

"Haha, paper beats rock!" Jay laughs

Lloyd groans "How does paper beat rock?"

-

In the training room, Wu is teaching Aria a new spell, she seems frustrated.

"I can't do it sensei" Aria sighs "every time I try it just stops halfway, what am I missing?"

Wu strokes his beard "Confidence... pride.. emotion... your mother's spellbook-"

"my mother's what now?" Aria questions as she stands up

"Your mother's spellbook" Wu repeats "after your mother's death it was locked away, but it was stolen"

"by who?" Aria asks

"I'm not sure" Wu tells her sadly "but with time i'm sure we'll find it, until then I will have to try to teach you by memory. I spent many years fighting alongside your mother, i might not recall all of her spells but I will try my best"

"Sensei I don't have time for you to remember the spells" Aria argues "Maybe I don't need to learn them"

"you have to" Wu tells her "or you'll never be ready"

"Ready for what?"

The two turn and see Lloyd at the door.

"how long have you been there?" Wu asks worriedly "how much did you hear?"

"um not much" Lloyd said confused, Wu hasn't really acted this way before, so secretive "just you saying she'll be ready"

"Do not worry about it" Wu tells him "now what is it?"

"the museum called for us, something strange has happened" Lloyd replies

"Alright let's go" Wu says walking out the door

"Hey Aria, what's this all about?" Lloyd asks

"I'm not entirely sure either" She walks over and pats his head "let's forget about it for now, duty calls so let's go"