Kabanata 43

Ang daming lumapit at nagpakilala sa akin. Halos wala nga akong  matandaan sa mga pangalan nila. They even hug me one by one until the song was over. It was warm like as if telling me, "You are welcome" and "You belong". 

Is that even possible?

Napilitan akong sumama kay Emilia na hinila ako papunta sa harapan at pinaupo sa unang hilera ng pew na gawa sa makapal na kahoy.

Hindi ako mapakali. I have the urge to stand, turn back and walk away. Pero tinablan ako ng hiya. Siyempre pagtitinginan ako ng lahat kapag tumayo akong bigla at naglakad.

Saka paano si Paco? Paano ako uuwi without him? Hindi ko alam! Isa pa, nakakatamad lusutan ang sitwasyong ganito. I promised myself to reprimand Paco for bringing me into this kind of situation.

I never had any idea that he will be bringing me into this place. Modernized ang altar sa harapan, mataas ang ceiling, and it was decorated with big and elegant chandeliers. Mukhang simpleng bahay lang sa labas pero maganda sa loob. 

It has an elegant cross at the center of the altar, illuminated by the light effects behind, making it more majestic. Kompleto ang musical instruments sa stage. It has a wide-ranged stair with just three-level steps and carpeted. Tiles ang floor at de-salamin ang mga bintana.

Maya-maya pa ay lumabas mula sa isang maliit na pintuan sa gilid ang mga lalaking lumapit kay Paco kanina. Nasa pinakahuli siya. Pumwesto sila sa tapat ng kani-kanilang instrumento.

Nagsimula silang tumugtog sa hudyat ng drummer nilang naka-megane. Ang husay! They are captivating not only in the eyes, kasi nga good-looking silang lahat, but by the way they play their instruments in a passionate way. 

They made the whole place alive and enthusiastic. The whole place was brought into a different air of warmth and joy.

Hindi ako masaya sa nangyayari but it feels like the whole place is rejoicing over something. Why do I feel like this? Ang weird...

I was mesmerized beyond words. At mas lalo akong na-speechless at natulala nang kumanta na ang vocalist nila with his back up singers. The song was a bit familiar. Parang naririnig ko iyon sa cellphone ni Joya. May playlist siya ng mga awiting gaya ng tinutugtog  nila.

🎶
Every tribe will see Your glory
Every nation bow before You
All our treasure turned to ashes
In the light of You

As we're singing
Holy is the Lord Almighty
Only You are worthy
Worthy of it all

Every tribe will see Your glory
Every nation bow before You, oooh
All our treasure turned to ashes
In the light of You, oh

As we're singing
Holy is the Lord Almighty
Only You are worthy
Worthy of it all

Praise and glory
Honor and strength
Unto our God
Unto our God
Matchless, endless
Love unrestrained
This is our God
Every tribe sing
Praise and glory
Honor and strength
Unto our God
Unto our God
Matchless, endless
Love unrestrained
This is our God
Every tribe sing