Kabanata 54

I'm free!

Almost two years of imprisonment is not easy. I learned everything about life the hardest way. Hindi madali ang buhay sa kulungan. I've seen and met different kinds of people there. I refer to them as people, not criminals.

Yeah, they have committed crimes, but they are still human who needs saving. And one thing I learned as I assist Pastor Xenon in his ministry he established for prisoners is to hate the sin, not the sinner himself.

And that the grace of God is extended to everyone no matter how small or big the sin is. A sin is a sin. Maliit man o malaki. Marami man o kaunti.

Akala ko talaga, tatagal pa ako ng tatlong taon sa kulungan. Some people who knew about my situation pity me. Because I was robbed of my future.

But who holds my future other than God?

He can make the rain stop or send rain to drylands, part the oceans and seas, and so on. Then I believe he can also give me that bright future he promised since He can make impossible things possible.

Prayer really works. And a miracle happens. Yong expected  3 years naging 2 years.

The first place I visit when I got out of jail was the church. Everything I have, I owe it all to God. Despite those experiences I had, I still thank Him. Besides, it's all behind the past.

Wala akong sinabihan ng balita. I wanted to surprise them. Kaya nga gulat na gulat si Ate Emilia and even Tatay Xenon when I showed up in the pastoral house. Kasama nila doon ang ilan sa mga elders.

They are too happy to see me that they almost burst into tears. Tears of joy. Lalong lalo na si ate Emilia na pulang pula na ang mga mata.

"Welcome home, 'nak." Tatay Xenon hugged me. He knew everything I've been through.  During the time of helplessness, God sent him for my assurance that God is working over something.

That God is working behind the scene.

I might have forgiven those people who inflicted my pain but I will never forget all the lessons it brought me. That includes my own father and my uncles.

The next thing na inayos ko ay ang pag-aaral ko. Bumalik ako sa school. Kuya Saul listed me under his scholarship program. Kaya wala na akong proproblemahin as long as I'll maintain a good grade.