Kabanata 55

Six years later...

I am at the peak of my success at the age of 27. Who would ever think that the person I met in the prison 7 years ago was a billionaire who became a good friend of mine?

Nakulong siya  dahil kagaya ko, na-frame up din sa kasalanang hindi niya ginawa. Nauna siyang lumabas sa akin.

He's Romano Montenegro. He's now 60 years old. He's a business tycoon in Asia. He has business in Singapore, Hongkong, Japan, and Korea. I am his confidante and adviser. I helped him on deciding which business to venture into, which company to buy and sell, and so on.

Hindi siya kagaya ng ibang businessman na walang puso. The reason why his rivals wanted him to fall down. He had a lot of foundations. One of them, which I personally handle was the Housing Program for the poor.

Truly, God has ways to fulfill every plan He has for His children.

Now, I am ready to go back home. I've been hearing news from Ate Dionne. One thing that she promised me before I left for the country is to clear my name. I may have left but I will never forget.

Hopefully, she's ready by now. I'm coming home. I'm coming back to where my heart is. 

Pagkalapag ng eroplano, I switched on my Twitter account. I was notified by a post that caught my attention. Nailagay na ni Simon ang bagahe ko sa compartment ng kotse. Siya ang sumundo sa akin. Actually, the whole church wanted to see me. But I told them na bukas na lang ako pupunta doon.

Umani pa ako ng kantyawan dahil doon. Napakadali ko talagang basahin kahit kailan.

"Aherm. Kunwari hindi namin alam kung saan ka unang pupunta."

"Ah sige. Makakapaghintay naman kami. Eh yong love life mo parang hindi na. May boyfriend  ng iba."

Napailing ako sa pang-aasar  ni Tatay Xenon at Nanay Emilia. They got married four years ago. Umattend ako sa kasal nila. Pero sinadya kong magpahuli because I don't want anyone to see me.

Napasandal ako sa shotgun seat nang makapasok sa loob at muling tinitigan ang latest post niya sa IG. I am following her on Insta kaya lahat ng kaganapan sa buhay niya, nakikita ko. Nasusubaybayan ko. 

She got a lot of friends, now. Pansin ko sa mga social media accounts niya. She also attends social gatherings, conferences, and hosted seminars and training.

She had finished her master's and doctoral degrees. Currently, she's the new principal of the JHS and SHS Department of BCA. I have never been so proud. Ang galing niya. I knew she can make it. Mas lalong nadagdagan yong paghanga na mayroon ako sa kanya noon.