19 | concert day

On Thursday, Luna arrived with a coffee in hand. She walked into her first lecture to see George with his head down on the desk.

"Hey, George, I got you a coffee." she said as she sat down next to him.

George looked up to see a cup from his favorite local shop.

"Oh, wow thanks." George said flatly. He took the coffee and took a sip.

"Hey, I'm sorry we couldn't hang out yesterday. I had already made plans and didn't wanna ditch. Maybe we can do lunch sometime next week?" Luna asked.

George grinned. Maybe she wasn't abandoning him after all. He didn't like that she had other friends, but at least she was still spending time with him

"Sure, sounds good."

Luna arrived at the conservatory on Saturday morning dressed in black jeans, a white button-down shirt, and a black blazer. Her garment bag was thrown over her shoulder and her instrument laid in her hand.

She had to be there early since she was working as a stage crew member. The conservatory required that all their students dressed business casual at events if they weren't performing.

Luna made her way under the stage to see many other students as well, many of the TS.

She caught sight of Oliver and Brett. Luna quickly made her way to them and smiled.

"Hey, Luna. Do you want to leave your stuff in my locker? You shouldn't just leave it out in the open." Oliver offered.

Luna nodded.

"Yeah, that'd be great, thanks." Luna replied. Oliver opened his locker and Luna put in her case. She hung up her garment bag in front of three others, which she assumed belonged to Brett, Eddy, and Oliver.

"I've gotta go find someone, I'll see you guys later."

Luna made her way to the harp lounge, where all the harpists kept their harps in the same room. A freight elevator would normally take at least five harps at once upstairs, but they remained down under the stage.

The lounge also had a few chairs and cubbies for the harpists to use. Luna figured that George would be in here.

And she was right.

George sat in a chair while drinking a rather large cup of coffee. Luna sat down in a chair next to him and grinned.

"How is your hand feeling?" Luna asked.

George day down his coffee and held up his cast.

"It hurts, but I guess it's fine. We should have daily lunch together during the break!" George suggested.

Luna uncomfortably smiled and shrugged.

"I mean lunch sounds great, but not daily. I'm actually going busking with Brett, Eddy, and Oliver during the break. We can have lunch maybe twice or a few times, though!" Luna said assuringly.

George frowned at everything she just said.

"Why are you going busking with them? I thought we agreed that they're just in your quartet, not your friends. You're not even doing quartet with them for the next half of the year!" George said with slight aggression.

Luna rubbed her arm uncomfortably and scooter back for a moment.

"Actually, we decided that we want to continue with our quartet throughout the year. I never said they weren't my friends, George, I enjoy spending time with them." Luna said.