24 | brisbane adventures

tw// potentially triggering phrases about jumping off a bridge (everyone lives it's just fun and games)

The next few days were full of excitement. Continuous busking, exciting lunches, cycling around the city, and friends spending time together.

Luna couldn't ask for better. Things were going well. It was now Monday. There was exactly one week until she had to return to regular classes.

She woke up feeling extra warm. Luna fell asleep in a thick sweatshirt but woke up in what felt like a happy medium of cold and hot. She put on a pair of shorts and immediately headed downstairs.

Luna opened the back door and was immediately greeted by strangely warm air. The harsh winter temperatures seemed to have morphed into slightly nicer spring temperatures. She would still have to wear a jacket, but she knew the struggle would be as hard.

"Can wear shorts out today. Cheers." she said to herself. 

Luna got dressed and got hold of her viola. She was meeting up with Brett and Eddy for breakfast before they would pick up Oliver to hit the city.

They were meeting at a cafe a few blocks away from Oliver's apartment. They invited him to join, but Oliver very clearly stated that he needed his beauty sleep.

Luna put her jacket on over the t-shirt she was wearing. She had layered the t-shirt over a tank top just in case it got chilly in the day. She wore light denim shorts with some low top sneakers.

After she put on her jacket, Luna strapped on her viola and went outside to get her bicycle. And then she was off to downtown Brisbane.

Eddy and Brett were sitting down at a table while waiting for Luna. They hadn't ordered their coffees yet, as they were earlier than what they had told Luna.

"Are you going to tell her?" Brett asked suddenly. Eddy shook his head and continued to look out the window for Luna.

"No, because I don't think she thinks about me like that. I don't want to make things awkward." Eddy said.

The door opened behind Eddy and in walked Luna. She took her viola off her back and sat down at the table. The table was against the wall, so each of them had their own side at the square-shaped tabletop.

"Sorry I'm late, almost got hit by a train." she said jokingly. Brett laughed as Luna chuckled at her own joke.

"Are you serious, again? Are you alright? What happened?" Eddy asked frantically.

Luna's face immediately fell and she put a hand on Eddy's shoulder.

"My god, I was kidding. Note to self, don't make jokes like that anymore. I'm sorry, Eddy." Luna said with sincerity.

Eddy felt like an idiot. Luna made a joke and he just had to absolutely panic about it.

Brett was not helping, as he was pinching the bridge of his nose and trying extremely hard to not burst into cackling laughter.

"No, I just didn't realize." Eddy said.

Then Luna did the thing again where she rubbed his shoulder softly with her thumb while the rest of her hand laid flat on his arm.

Eddy almost flinched but was able to control himself. Luna room her hand away and shook her head.

Brett collected himself and gave Eddy a sneaky side-eye.

A waiter then approached and asked Luna was she wanted.

They all ordered flat whites and breakfast biscuits. Eddy had recovered from his firsthand embarrassment.