36 | practice sessions

If there was anything Eddy was passionate about, it was playing violin.

His dreams to be a soloist were big and he had many ideas on how to achieve that dream.

However, to become extremely good at an instrument, he had to sacrifice a lot of time.

He had to practice.

But he had every intention to spend a lot of time with Luna.

So Eddy has a brilliant idea.

He was going to combine the two things.

He joined Luna who was walking down the hallway.

"Hey, do you wanna practice with me after school?" Eddy asked. Luna looked up at him and grinned.

"Sure, which practice hall?" Luna asked.

Eddy shrugged.

"How does B sound?" he asked.

Luna nodded and they began to go opposite directions.

"Alright, see you later." Eddy said. He quickly put his hand on her shoulder and kissed her forehead before running off to his class.

Luna's face went pink and she continued on to her lecture.

She was excited to have a practice session with Eddy, she was sure it would be very nice.

Well, it was actually very normal.

Luna and Eddy weren't uncomfortable with each other. They were used to being in one another's presence a lot.

So they had their stands back to back to where they could face each other. Luna continued working on her caprice while Eddy worked on some practical exercises.

They were both extremely frustrated.

"Paganini must have had some super quick hands or something because this is impossible." Luna said as she pointed to her music with her bow. Eddy looked over to see caprice five on her stand.

"Maybe you just have to practice it slowly for a long time instead of trying to bump the tempo every ten minutes. Spend a few days on a slow tempo?" Eddy commenter, slightly unsure.

Luna sighed and leaned back against the wall.

"Your teacher is having you play this on viola?" Eddy asked.

Luna nodded.

"Yes, she thinks it's necessary for whatever reason. I don't even know if I'm performing this yet." Luna said.

Eddy frowned and brushed back his hair.

"You can do it, I believe in you!" Eddy exclaimed positively.

Luna grinned and put down her viola. She quickly pulled her hair back into a ponytail and wiped her forehead.

Eddy didn't like when Luna was stressed. She was very good at hiding it, but he could tell that she was upset.

But there wasn't really anything he could do to make it better for her.

"Hey, does it feel hot in here?" Eddy asked while wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead.

"Oh yeah, sorry, that's just me." Luna said jokingly.

She began laughing as Eddy shook his head.

"Wow, you're hilarious." Eddy said sarcastically with a smile. Luna continued laughing as she slipped off her jumper.

"I'm joking, it is a bit hot in here. Turn on the aircon." Luna said as she put down her jumper.

Eddy flipped the switch, but nothing happened. Luna groaned and leaned back against the wall again.

"It's not working." Eddy said as he continued to mess with the switch.

"We're going to get heatstroke. How can it be so chilly outside yet so hot in this room?" Luna asked rhetorically.

Eddy looked at his girlfriend with a slight smirk.

"It's you, remember? You said it's hot in here because of you." Eddy said teasingly.

Luna scoffed and picked up her viola.

"Well look who's funny now!"

Luna sat at her desk while scribbling down an essay when her cell phone began buzzing. She picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" Luna said, waiting for a response.

"I need help." said Brett's voice.

"With what?" Luna asked nonchalantly.

"What the fuck is this maths homework?" Brett asked frustratedly.

"Alright, give me a moment, let me put you on the speaker and grab the sheet." Luna said.

She set the phone to speaker and laid it on her desk. Luna rummaged through her folder and pulled out her homework.

"What question are you confused about?" Luna asked.

"Question? I'm confused about all of it, Luna!" Brett whined.

Luna sighed and looked at the sheet. Brett was right, it looked overly complicated. She could understand his frustration.

It was going to be a long night of working on math homework with Brett on the line.

"Okay, question one."

The friends sat back in a practice room at lunch on Thursday. It had become their daily thing and it was convenient for them to all walk from rehearsal to a practice room together.

"Hey, do you wanna practice after last lecture?" Luna asked Eddy.

"Sorry, I can't, I've got theory tutoring." Eddy replied.

Luna frowned and looked over at Brett and Oliver.

"What about you guys? You want to just practice together later?" Luna asked.

Brett nodded and took another bite of his lunch. Oliver leaned back and gave a thumbs up.

"You better watch out, Eddy, I'm going to steal your girlfriend." Oliver said jokingly while pointing at Eddy.

Luna rolled her eyes and Eddy just shook his head.

"No, you won't." Eddy said.

Luna grabbed his hand and continued eating with the other.

"Practice time after school it is!"

Eddy was very appreciative of his mother for sending him to theory tutoring. However, it was difficult to pay attention when he was exhausted, hungry, and when he knew that his friends were all practicing together without him.

But he wanted to be a musician. He wanted to be a soloist.

Eddy wanted to do great things with his life. He had huge plans for his future and wanted to make his dreams come true.

So he sat there and learned so he could make a great life for himself.

"Okay, but the broken octaves sound a bit rushed, don't you think?" Brett asked.

"Well, no, I just think you're choosing to push the tempo which I personally believe is a stylistic choice." Luna said.

Brett nodded and felt reassured. He turned to Oliver for his response to see the cellist looking at the wall behind Brett with wide eyes.

"I thought you were dragging." Oliver said.

Luna sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose while Brett frowned.

"Dragging?! I thought I was rushing! I thought it sounded decent!" Brett exclaimed in frustration.

Luna turned to Oliver and shook her head.

"Well, now you've gone and done it."