T W O

::::

the following week, minho rolled himself out of bed late morning, knowing in a little bit he will be back at that stupid therapy office. he opened his blackout curtains, letting the bright light shine into his dark bedroom.

he hissed, the light shining right into his eyes. once they adjusted a bit, he turned on the actual light, and began getting dressed.

minho looked at himself in the mirror, groaning when he saw himself. his hair was a mess, and he looks like he hardly even slept last night.

he threw off his night shirt, using all his self control to not look at his arms. they were all scratched up with old and new scars and cuts, and just looking at them made minho sick...even if it's his fault they're there in the first place.

minho quickly put on an oversized red sweatshirt, and some gray sweatpants. dressing in oversized clothes gives him comfort, and makes him feel like he's able to hide all his insecurities behind what he's wearing.

the best comfort of all, is nobody can judge him. if they can't see what his body looks like, they can't call him 'too skinny' or 'not skinny enough.'

after a few moments, minho heard a knock at the door as it slowly opened. his mother waved to him, and smiled warmly.

"you're not going to dress a little nicer for...whats his name, jisung?" she asked, running her hand through minho's fluffy hair.

he fixed it, and shook his head, "i look fine."

you're dressed like a rag.

minho paused, before shaking off the thought. he took a glance at the clock, and it was almost 12:00. his appointment is at 12:30, so they decided to get a move on.

"you sure you don't want to eat anything before we go?" his mom asked, as the two got into the car. minho nodded, not really having an appetite.

much like the week before, the car ride was silent. minho was nervous. jisung will probably want to start talking more about why he's there, and the thought of it made him anxious.

"how was your session last week?" she asked, trying to engage in a conversation with her son.

minho sighed softly, "it was fine, i guess."

his mom nodded, hoping to get minho to talk more. but her hope ran out, cause the other just stared out the window the entire ride there.

::::

"hey, minho!" jisung cheered happily, as minho got up and joined him in the familiar room. jisung was dressed down like last week, this time he was also in a sweatshirt, and the same jeans.

minho smiled shyly, waving slightly as he took a seat on the couch. he put his hands in his sleeves, and looked down at his feet.

"how have you been?" he asked, trying to sound as friendly as possible to make minho feel comfortable.

the younger shrugged, and went to rub his eyes. he popped his hand out of his sleeve, and something on his finger caught jisung's attention.

"that's a beautiful ring," he complimented. it was a silver around the edges with no gem, and the actual design of the ring itself was blue sparkles underneath another silver design.

minho looked down at his hand, and chuckled softly, "thank you. i never take it off."

jisung was now interested, and this can be a way to get minho to start talking.

"oh, why not?"

minho let out a sigh, before putting his hand back in his sleeve, "it was the last thing my old best friend gave me before we had a falling out."

jisung frowned, feeling bad for the other, "why did you guys fall out?"

he grabbed his clipboard, getting ready to write anything important minho might say.

the sight of the clipboard made minho nervous, like he's in some sort of interview or something, under pressure to be perfect. he stared at it for a moment, before he hesitantly started talking.

"i...i really don't know. we were super close throughout elementary and middle school, but a little bit into freshman year, he stopped talking to me. to this day, i still don't know why."

jisung finished writing as fast as he could, just jotting down little notes as he listened carefully to minho. he looked up, and the other looked sad talking about his ex-friend.

"anything else?" he asked. minho looked up and thought for a second, and it made jisung's heart flutter seeing his focused face.

cute.

"um, yeah. after we stopped being friends, he met this aussie brat named felix. he was new to the school, and the two hit it off so well, and now they're dating! it makes me so angry! and felix got the privilege of being friends with his friends, he didn't even have to try and make any!"

minho was close to shouting at this point, and his face was red with anger. jisung was taken aback at the other shouting, it seeming very different then his usual quiet self.

"i keep the ring, because when i'm upset, it gives me comfort. it feels like he's still here with me, helping me through whatever i need. but other times, i'll see it and get so frustrated...frustrated that he left me with nothing, for no reason at all."

after minho finished ranting, he let out a breath and shrunk back into the couch. "i'm sorry."

jisung put his clipboard on his desk next to him, and smiled. "minho, there's no need to apologize. that's why you're here, to talk. didn't it feel good getting your anger out about..."

"changbin." minho finished, his old friends name sounding like a stranger as he spoke. "but yeah. i guess it did feel nice. i never said anything out loud about how i felt about changbin just leaving me like that."

jisung held out his fist, and minho gave him a fist bump as expected.

"i'm proud of you. you're already making progress, even if it's small."

for some reason, minho felt a sense of relief. maybe talking to jisung wont be so bad.

but good things never happen to me anyway.

~

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed the second chapter! btw, if you want an image of the ring, heres the photo i based it off of ^^

i think it's really pretty-

q: who is your stray kids bias?

a: minho! he is my ult bias, he makes me so happy and i love him so so much 🥺 i could go on and on about how i wish people would appreciate him for his talent and adorable and sweet personality, and not just his sexiness, but that's for another time-