F O R T Y - E I G H T

::::

jisung had his head in his hands as he sat alone in the quiet waiting room. it had only been a few minutes since he got separated from minho, but it's felt like the longest few minutes of his life.

the room was closed in by double doors in another part of the hospital. the lights were dimmed, and there was a small noise machine just blowing out lovely smelling air. it reminds him a lot of the office.

unexpectedly, the doors opened, revealing yeosang who had his arm around a shaken up jeongin. jisung picked his head up, not expecting to see the youngest.

jeongin could say the same.

"jisung?" he asked, voice cracking. him and yeosang took a seat next to him. "what are you doing here?"

jisung sucked in a breath, letting it out slowly to calm himself a bit, "i'm here about minho."

jeongin raised an eyebrow, glancing confusedly at yeosang, and then back at jisung. "how do you know minho?"

yeosang gave jisung a little nod, aiming his eyes towards jeongin.

jisung sighed, "jeongin, there's something you don't know about minho. it's not my place to say, but you would have found out eventually, especially after this. i'm his therapist, he's been seeing me since november."

jeongin mumbled a small 'oh', nodding his head. "and?"

"and, he's been struggling with bad depression and anxiety for awhile."

jeongin felt his heart drop all the way down to his toes. he suspected something like this was going on, but after praying so hard that this awful reality was really just a a suspicion, hearing the words come out of his former therapists mouth about his new friend hurt a ton.

"fucking hell! i shouldn't have brushed it off, i should have talked to him, and then none of this crap would be going on!"

"jeongin, it's not your fault!" yeosang comforted, rubbing his friends shoulder.

"but it is! i yelled at him, i hurt him when he was already hurting. that's not what a friend is supposed to do!"

jeongin got up, moving to the other side of the room to give himself some space. you could tell being here in the hospital, especially for this reason, makes him uncomfortable.

"i'm sorry," he mumbled, looking back up at his friends, "being here just brings up bad memories."

jisung walked over, giving him a tight hug, "i get it. but you're okay, and minho will be too. i promise."

then the three sat back down, and began talking about whatever came to mind to distract themselves from the stress.

::::

they sat there for hours. nobody ever came in, and nobody ever came out. just the three of them, sitting and wondering how minho is doing.

around 8:00, yeosang spoke up, "guys, i'm hungry. do you wanna go get something to eat, and then come back?"

with a sigh, jeongin nodded, "sure. jisung?"

jisung didn't budge from the position he was sitting in, slouched in his chair with his arms folded in front of him. "i'm not hungry."

"but you gotta eat at some point," jeongin tried convincing, but jisung once again shook his head.

and then, the door opened. it was a doctor.

"are you all here for minho?" he asked. they all nodded.

"is he okay?" jeongin asked, biting his lip out of nervousness.