S I X T E E N

::::

minho once again sat alone at lunch, but this time feeling guilty. he looked across the room to see changbin frantically typing on his laptop, with his history notebook open next to him. he was obvious working hard to finish their project, that minho has done little to nothing to help with.

he has been having a debate with himself weather he should go over and help. every time he makes a decision, he backs out of it.

minho tapped his pencil against the table over and over again, still struggling to come up with a decision. he's tired, exhausted even. and when he's tired, he can be very indecisive.

minho eventually said fuck it, and got up from the table.

he began walking over, and once he was close enough, everyone there looked up at him. the table consisted of changbin and felix, with hyunjin, and another person minho recognized as chan.

minho felt his knees become jello once all eyes were on him. changbin raised an eyebrow, and minho suddenly found it hard to speak. he nervously laughed, and made a beeline back for his seat.

he sat down with a huff, disappointed he couldn't get the courage to help out.

::::

minho began losing more energy as the long lunch period went on. he wasn't hungry, but it feels like he's hardly had an appetite lately.

he checked his phone, and realized there was about half an hour of lunch left. minho took this opportunity to rest his head down, and just close his eyes for a little bit.

minho covered his eyes with his shirt sleeve, darkening his vision enough to peacefully sleep. he listened to the students around him chatting about nonsense. he heard loud laughs, kids shouting over one another, and even some bickering.

minho let out another sigh, letting his thoughts take over his mind.

::::

when minho tiredly opened his eyes to what he thought was thirty minutes later, the cafeteria was empty. well, aside from the janitor cleaning up after the kids. but he doesn't seem to care about the sleeping boy.

once his eyes adjusted to the lights, he realized he wasn't alone. there was someone rubbing his back to relax him, and minho jumped when he saw it was jeongin.

jeongin took his hand away and smiled at minho, who seemed completely confused. minho checked his phone, and realized it was now last period; an hour and a half after lunch ended. he started quickly gathering his things, but jeongin stopped him.

"it's last period, just stay here. it's better to not feel the embarrassment of showing up late."

minho nodded, and sat back down next to the younger.

"why did you stay here with me?" he asked, curious as to why the other didn't just leave him and go to class.

"you looked so tired. i wanted to let you sleep, so i made sure nobody woke you up. why were you so worn out?"

minho shrugged, suddenly becoming really hot. he desperately wanted to roll up his sleeves, but couldn't risk jeongin seeing his marked arms. he brushed the heat off, and began speaking.

"i-i don't know, ive just been tired lately."

jeongin frowned, and then got an idea.

"it's probably because you've hardly eaten anything. i don't know about at home, but it seems like you never have lunch. here," jeongin then reached into his bag, and pulled out a bag cheez-it's he had packaged but never ate.

minho hesitantly took it, and opened it up. just the smell made him nauseous, and he felt like he was gonna throw up.

he gave it back to the other, "no thanks, i'm okay."

jeongin harshly shoved the bag against minho's chest, catching him off guard.

"eat them." he instructed. minho never thought the happy virus could sound so intimidating.

minho groaned, and started to put them in his mouth little by little.

"so, what's your favorite animal?" jeongin questioned, going back to his bubbly self.

jeongin's theory is, if he has minho eat but distracts him from the actual food, he won't think about it. he'll just eat them as they speak.

"cats," he shortly answered, taking a few more cheez-it's this time, unplanned.

"why do you like cats?"

minho swallowed the food, "well, they're easy to cuddle. they can always tell how you're feeling, and they're a better listener than anyone else i know."

minho reached his hand into the bag, but realized there wasn't anything left.

"oh, i didn't realize i ate that much," he frowned, already feeling weird about it.

jeongin took the bag, getting up to throw it out, "there wasn't that much in there," he laughed.

soon, the last bell rang, singling school was over.

"i gotta get going. text you later?" jeongin asked, getting ready to walk out.

minho didn't answer for a moment, before shrugging, "sure."

jeongin smiled, before walking out of the cafeteria. he let out a sigh of relief, grateful he got minho to have some food.

especially because he knows what it feels like to be exhausted from being malnourished.

~

dun dun dunnnn 👀

q: favorite animal?

a: dolphins! they're so cute and friendly 🥺

love ya'll!