F O R T Y - S E V E N

::::

jisung looked at the clock in his office, confused as to why minho is almost ten minutes late. usually if he's running late, he would text the older, but today he's been silent.

once the clock struck 12:15, fifteen minutes late, he began to get worried. jisung pulled out his phone and texted minho, trusting the other to answer if he just doesn't want to come today. but still no response.

without thinking, jisung grabbed his jacket and walked out into the lobby, passing sana and heading for the door.

"jisung? where are you going, don't you have a session with minho?"

jisung stopped before the exit door, sighing.

"what? sure i would love a coffee when i get back. surprise me."

with that, he left the office, laughing to himself a bit as he got into his car. luckily, he remembers where minho lives due to him driving the younger home after the school dance.

he drove as fast as he could without getting pulled over (he learned that the hard way), until he arrived at minho's house. he could tell minho never left because his car was in the driveway, but his mother's, who's car is usually next to his, was gone.

jisung got out of his car, knocking on the door nervously. he waited outside, in the cold weather today has to offer, but nobody ever answered the door.

now he was really starting to get worried. he put his hand on the door handle, and unexpectedly, the door was unlocked.

please don't get arrested for breaking in...

jisung slowly opened the door, entering the house, wondering where minho could be. he checked around the first floor, not finding any sign of the other.

he then made his way upstairs, and saw minho's bedroom door shut. jisung bit his lip, hoping he just over slept.

jisung started opening the creaky door, gasping when he saw minho's body laying on the floor, surrounded by blood. jisung had to force himself not to throw up.

"minho!" he shouted, ignoring all the blood and dropping down next to him, shaking his body trying to wake him up, "minho wake up, please! what did you do oh my god..."

jisung whipped out his phone, quickly dialing 911. he grabbed minho's hand, anxiously waiting for the dispatcher to answer.

jisung didn't even give the girl a chance to talk once she answered, "i need an ambulance, now!!"

his voice was shaking as he was trying desperately not to cry, but he couldn't help the tears roll down his face. it was a mess, he could feel his heart break every time he looked at minho's limp body. jisung put his other hand over minho's chest, and he could feel he was still breathing; barley.

after giving the dispatcher more information, he was left to wait for them to arrive. she stayed on the call with jisung, him feeling like he couldn't be alone. he didn't know what to do except take off his jacket and press it against minho's wrist, trying to stop the bleeding.

eventually, after what felt like forever to jisung but was only five minutes in real time, they arrived. they got minho and helped him into the ambulance, jisung getting in alongside him.

the paramedics gave jisung some water to help him calm down, but it was pretty much useless. he was watching one of the most important people in his life die right in front of him, and he can't help but feel like it was his fault.

why wasn't i able to help you?

jisung pulled out his phone again, firstly calling the office and telling sana he won't be back today. then he called yeosang.

"y-yeosang," he spoke, nervous to how the other would react. he knew the two became good friends since that time they met in therapy.

"jisung? what's wrong?"

"minho's going to the h-hospital. he tried to kill h-himself...please come over."

jisung heard yeosang gasp, and mumble something to himself before hanging up. he knows he can count on the other.

::::

"jeongin!" yeosang shouted after pounding on the others house door. jeongin looked like he just rolled out of bed, his hair a mess and the black circles under his eyes.

"hi, what are you doing here?"

yeosang grabbed jeongin by the wrist and dragged him to his car, forcing the younger in.

"mind telling me where we are going?"

"the hospital."

jeongin was taken aback. he raised an eyebrow as he put on his seatbelt, watching as yeosang quickly pulled out of the driveway.

"what, why?"

"it's minho. he tried to kill himself."

you could tell yeosang was trying to stay strong for the sake of jeongin, not letting himself cry and trying to be straight forward. he knew the other would break at the seems, and he would need the elders support.

and he was right. within a split second jeongin was sobbing his eyes out.

it's my fault, i shouldn't have yelled at him like that! why didn't i just forgive him!

"no! please tell me you're joking, this can't be true! DRIVE FASTER!!"

yeosang wanted to hug the other, but he kept his eyes on the road, trying not to crash.

"he'll be okay...i hope. he's strong."

jeongin put his head in his hands, trying to get himself to relax.

he knows exactly how minho was feeling, and the fact he wasn't there to help him makes him feel like the worst person on earth.

~

my french teacher assigned us homework and i didn't know about it till it was due today cause she LITERALLY said we had no homework and i just ??? like okay dude i'm gonna play we go and ignore you now