T H I R T Y - T W O

::::

"hey minho, are you going to the winter formal tonight?" jeongin asked the older that friday with hopeful eyes. each year the school has a winter formal the last friday of january, and everyone was excited to say that it's tonight.

well...almost everyone.

minho closed his locker, and shook his head. "no way, parties aren't my thing. never have gone, never will."

he turned to walk away, but jeongin grabbed his his arm to stop him. "BUT it's your senior year, this'll be your last chance to have fun! you can even hang out with me and my friend seungmin if you wanna."

minho shook his head for the second time, which made jeongin cross his arms and pout. minho did the same thing, slumping while crossing his arms to mock the other. jeongin laughed, unable to keep a straight face.

"i'll think about it, okay?" minho spoke with a smile. he can't help but be in a good mood whenever he is around the younger, it's like his smile is contagious.

jeongin jumped up and down happily, clapping his hands. "yay! tell me what you decide!"

he then happily walked away, and minho watched him go about until he reached his class. minho couldn't get the smile off his face no matter how hard he tried.

::::

minho sat on his bed with a huff right after school, going to jisung's contact and hitting call. he impatiently tapped his foot on the floor, waiting for the ringing to stop and to hear the elders voice.

"hi minho, what's up!" jisung cheered, smiling on the other side of the line. truth be told, his mood insanely boosted when he saw minho's name show up on his phone.

"i need help making a 'dEcisioN'," he told, dramatically emphasizing the word 'decision'. it made jisung chuckle.

"with?..."

jisung was genuinely curious, and really happy. he's over the moon about the fact minho went to him for advice when he wasn't necessarily obligated to.

"there's this school dance tonight, and i don't know if i should go-"

jisung cut him off before minho could even finish, "go. i know you'll regret it if you stay home. i missed a school dance to study when i was in high school, and it was horrible hearing everyone around me talk about how great it was."

minho was thrown off, "but i don't know if i even want to."

jisung then came up with an idea. "i know what to do. do you have a coin near you?"

minho looked over to his dresser, confused. he nodded, "yeah. why?"

"you're going to flip it. heads you go, tails you stay home.".

minho found flipping a coin pretty basic, like he could have even come up with that.

nether the less, minho flipped the coin, and frowned at the result.

"it's tails..." he sounded disappointed. he flopped backwards onto his bed, putting the coin in his pocket.

"well then that's it. you're going to the dance."

minho raised an eyebrow, now completely bewildered.

"but it was tails?"

jisung laughed, knowing minho doesnt understand the method to his madness. "i know that! but it really wasn't up to the coin, but your reaction. you were bummed when you thought weren't going, so it turns out all along, deep down you did want to go. so there is your answer."