N I N E T E E N

::::

"they way i'm so glad the year is over is indescribable," minho spoke as he took a seat in jisung's office, their first session of the new year. "this also means school will be over in six months, which is awesome!"

jisung laughed, shutting the door behind minho who seemed to be in a overly happy mood. the older took a seat in his desk spinny chair, pulling out his clipboard and quickly reading over the notes he made about their last session. he suddenly remembered minho dreading the christmas dinner, but decided not to jump to that right away. he doesn't want to wreck the others unfamiliar joy.

"why are you all sunshine and rainbows?" jisung chuckled, genuinely curious. he could see minho's eyes sparkle as he refused to wipe the bright smile off his face. it was very different than his usual gloomy self, and jisung was pretty surprised by the sudden change in atmosphere.

if it was possible, minho only smiled more at the question. jisung couldn't help but smile himself, the others being very contagious. it was such a beautiful sight, and for some reason he could feel his heart doing summersaults.

"well, to fully understand, i gotta take you all the way back to christmas," minho looked up at the ceiling, dramatically telling the story as if it was a fairytale that happened years ago.

jisung rolled his eyes, and motioned for the other to continue speaking. "i got a telescope for christmas. last night was the first time i checked it out. i set it up in my backyard, and just looking at the world around us so indepthly was so cool. i got to see so many stars, the moon, planets...it was just amazing."

jisung nodded along, intrigued. he had no idea minho took such strong liking to space. the younger seemed so enthusiastic just talking about it.

i guess they still have a lot more to learn about each other.

"you really like space, huh?" he asked, and minho nodded aggressively. he sat up straighter, clapping his hands together, "space the most, but i also love science in general. there's so much about the world that's unknown, but everything around us is explained by science...somehow."

minho took a pause to breathe. he was speaking pretty fast, an uncontrollable habit of his. he hardly has chances to talk about his interests with others, the last person he really spoke to was changbin. but he was always bored about minho's love for science, but that's his opinion. science has been his least favorite subject since elementary school.

minho and changbin are truly polar opposites in some cases.

"i just find how things in our daily life work so interesting. like how heat can make water boil, or how there is a whole solar system out there, potentially holding living things that we haven't discovered yet."

jisung was surprised minho had such a unique way of looking at life. it was totally unexpected coming from someone like him.

"that is really cool..." jisung trailed off, getting ready to start a new conversation, "but speaking of christmas, how was dinner?"

minho's facial expression visibly fell, cheeks becoming red at the memory of the night. he tightened his grip on a blanket that sat folded on the couch, and let out a heavy sigh.

"awful."

jisung scrunched his face in confusion, nerves building up inside of him. he was afraid to hear about why it went so bad. i mean, it's christmas! how could something horrible happen on one of the happiest days of the year?

"why is that?" he asked, fiddling the pencil between two fingers. the eraser side kept tapping the clipboard, making a little booming sound.

minho let out a sigh, sinking back into the comfortable couch. he rubbed his eyes, trying to get his words together.