S E V E N

::::

minho woke up the following morning, heart feeling heavy when he realized he wasn't in his normal bedroom. this one was much bigger for his liking.

as weird as it sounds, minho likes having a small bedroom back at his moms. it's rather cozy, but in this big room it feels like there's not so much going on.

when his eyes adjusted to the light, he almost screamed when he saw his dad staring at him. he panicked, throwing a blanket over his body. he was in a teeshirt, and feared his dad saw all the markings on his arms.

"why are you in here?" minho asked, not trying to sound angry. he knows better than to raise his voice at his dad.

"i was waiting for you to wake up. we have plans," he spoke, and minho was afraid to know what he meant, "also, you were smart to cover your arms. they look disgusting."

minho's heart stung as he frowned, blinking back a tear that threatened to fall.

he has no filter, he thought.

minho got out of bed and quickly got changed once his dad left the room. he threw on a light jacket, and made his way downstairs where he saw a bunch of hair dye on the table.

"hair dye?" minho asked, unsure.

"yup! now that your hair is blond, it can be whatever color you want. and i'm not just going to take advantage of that. so, you're going red."

"but i like my blond..." he sadly responded. his dad shot him a glare, and minho knew he was defeated. there's no fighting his father, unless he wants to get the shit kicked out of him.

minho sat in a chair, enjoying the last few moments he had with his blond hair. his dad put on some gloves, and started mixing the dye together.

once that was finished, he started applying the dye to his son's hair. minho hated the feeling of his dads hands rubbing his head, but sucked it up until it was over.

"okay, you can go do whatever for about half an hour before we have to wash it out."

minho nodded quickly, and ran back up into his room. he sat down on his bed, and became bored in a matter of seconds.

at his moms house, he at least has a door basketball hoop or some things to keep him occupied. here, it's just an empty space with a bed.

he scrolled through his instagram explore page, laughing every once and awhile at stupid memes he for some reason found funny. even if he isn't very liked at school, kids still follow him and he does the same. it's a silent agreement the students have that if they attend the school, you follow just them.

minho went back to the home page, and saw a photo jeongin posted about an hour ago. he clicked the younger's profile, and saw many photos of him, and him with his friends. he grew jealous, wishing he had someone to hang out with like that.

the most recent photo on minho's profile was a selfie him and changbin took on their first day of high school, three years ago. it pains him to know a few months after that photo, they will never have said another word to each other.

minho weirdly went back to jeongin's profile, and hit 'message'. he stared at the blank message screen for what felt like ages, debating on if he should text the other. his fingers hovered over the keyboard, struggling to type out a simple 'hello'

his fingers started shaking as he finally got the courage to start typing. minho has no idea why he's doing this; he doesn't even like the kid.

yjeonginehe

hi jeongin

r my eyes baffling me
or did u just text me first?!