T H I R T Y - O N E

::::

minho dreaded walking out of school the following friday, because he knew it wouldn't be him driving himself home. unfortunately, it was that painful weekend of the month. his dads weekend.

he entered the car, already hating the atmosphere. the radio was on way too high, and the car reeked of a mix alcohol, and— oddly — air freshener. the combination was enough to make minho gag.

"hello, minho. you look well."

it was obviously sarcasm. minho looked tired, his orange hair was a mess, he had black bags under his eyes, his skin is pretty pale, and he just simply didn't look good.

"thanks," he shortly replied, staring out the window. he didn't take his eyes off the outside world as they drove home, and the radio made the two of them not saying a word to each other less awkward.

once they arrived, minho tried to get out of his fathers presence as soon as possible. he dropped his bag on a chair in the kitchen, and dashed for his room. but sadly, his father stopped him.

"where are you going?" he asked, leaning against the kitchen counter. he raised an eyebrow, which intimidated the shit out of minho.

"uhhh- up to my room?"

he shook his head, "nope, you're staying down here. do as you please, but i can't trust you up there."

minho was curious as to why he's not allowed in his own room, but decided not to fight his father. the more civil they are, the less horrendous this weekend will be.

instead, minho went over to the fridge. he was starving. he opened it, rumbling through the unorganized mess, until he found an apple. he took it out, and decided to just nosh on that to hold him over till dinner.

he went to walk into the family room to watch some television, but his dad took the apple out of his hand.

"i don't think so."

now minho was angry. he threw his arms in the air, knocking away the apple and causing it to fall on the floor, "why!"

"you look like you've gained weight since the last time i saw you." he spoke, and it could possibly be true. minho didn't come over the month of december because they saw each other on christmas. it's been a bit.

his father picked up the apple, but unexpectedly threw it hardly at minho, hitting him in the arm. he got close to the other, their bodies only inches apart. minho gulped, scared for what was going to happen, "and you do not yell or question me, got it?!"

minho huffed, and honestly he was more pissed than upset at this point. he forced himself to nod and apologize, and stormed out of the room to sit on the couch.

::::

minho felt completely weak once monday rolled around. his father hardly let him have a bite of anything the last three days, and he couldn't even sneak in anything due to him basically helicoptering over minho the entire weekend.

he used a small amount of makeup to cover up how drained of color his face and eyes were, and to hide the bags under his eyes that increased since friday. he wasn't proud of it, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

you would think minho would be grateful when it was finally lunch time, but he didn't even have enough energy to eat anything. he was so worn out, he felt as if he would fall asleep as soon as he sat down.

minho rested his head on his arms, but was too afraid to close his eyes. he knows he has to eat something, get his energy back. but he just couldn't bring himself to do so. he wasn't even hungry anymore, seeming he got used to the lack of food, even before the weekend.

"oh my god minho, you look awful!" jeongin worriedly said as he sat down next to the other. minho picked his head up, but regretted doing so because jeongin cupped his face, taking a closer look at the other.

jeongin examined his features closely, trying to figure out what's going on. if anyone were to care enough to look at minho's table, they would probably get the wrong idea. it was obvious minho was overtired, and seemed somewhat fatigued.

"holy crap, you're exhausted! you're coming with my right now to get you something to eat."

the older didn't fight it. jeongin grabbed his hand, forcing him to stand up. but suddenly, he felt extremely dizzy, and he stumbled, struggling to stand.

luckily, jeongin caught him before he could hit the floor. "minho! when was the last time you actually ate something?"

jeongin wrapped his arm around minho to help him keep balance as they walked into the hallway and out the doors, heading to the courtyard. to their advantage, it was weirdly warm for the middle of january.

"t-thursday..." minho mumbled, suddenly scaring himself. he was terrified for his health. the fact he wasn't even hungry after not eating anything for four days concerned him a lot.

jeongin gasped, feeling as if his heart just broke. that's horrible!

the two sat on the warm, green grass, and jeongin pulled his lunch out of his bag, handing it to minho.

"you need this way more than i do. i snuck doritos in last period, so i'll be fine."

minho muttered a small thank you, and began picking at the food. he could feel himself feeling better with every bite.

every time minho glanced at the sophomore, he looked very distressed. he stared at minho with big, worried eyes, and kept encouraging him to have more every time it looked like he was done. minho didn't stop eating until every last bite of the others lunch was gone.

"how do you feel?" jeongin asked once he finished, "i can buy you something if you're still hungry. it's no problem!!"

minho put his finger over the others lips to shush him, "i'm a lot better now, but just need some rest...thank you."

jeongin let out a sigh of relief, before basically throwing his whole body onto minho. the other wrapped his arms around the younger, confused about the sudden affection he was receiving.

"don't ever do that to yourself again, ya hear me!"

minho slightly laughed at the younger trying to sound intimidating. but its hard to be scared when he literally looks like a puppy and has the cutest little high pitched voice ever.

but even so, minho smiled. "i promise."

~

this gif of hyunjin can eND ME