T H I R T Y - E I G H T

::::

"no!! i explained this to yeosang four fucking times already!" minho shouted, taking the board game piece and slamming it down to where it was, "you only move the robber if you roll a seven! not a six!"

"i'm sorry! i've never played this demonly game before!" jeongin yelled back, trying to keep a game face on and not burst out laughing. unlike yeosang, who was just about rolling on the floor.

the group of three were playing minho's favorite board game; catan. though, it's not very easy. there are lots of rules and strategies to the game, and minho seems to be the only one who can understand them.

"alright, it's my turn," minho spoke, grabbing the dice from the younger and rolling. it was a two.

"why?! why is a two, one of the most uncommon numbers, coming out more than a goddamn eight! i'm on both the eights, and that's the number that's most likely to be rolled! what is this!"

yeosang and jeongin laughed, especially because they were both on the two. they obnoxiously picked up their resources, showing off the cards in the others face. minho huffed, but then remembered he had a very special card.

"don't be laughing, cause...gimme your rock!" he then slammed the 'monopoly' card on the table.

"crap!" yeosang yelled, knowing he needed his rock for his next turn.

minho did an evil laugh, buying the last city he needs to win the game. he did a little victory dance in his seat as he helped the others clean up.

"i'm never playing that again, you can literally make like four different games out of this one with all the rules it has," jeongin complained, salty that he lost.

minho laughed, remembering when he was in jeongin's place. he's been playing this game since he was twelve, and even back then it was a little above his level. but he pulled through.

"me, my mom, and my dad would play this game every night when i was in middle school. we were addicted, sometimes we would play three games a night for hours on end, trying to beat each other out. we would yell, sabotage, and team up, but it was all in good fun."

minho sighed, a frown forming on his face. he misses those days, the days when his whole family would get along and have fun with each other.

"this was the first time i've played the game in years. as my parents started fighting, we stopped having our game nights, until there wasn't another person to play with."

minho looked down at the game box, anger building up inside him. why couldn't things stay the same? why did his family, and life, have to change?

"fuck my dad, he's the reason we can't do things like game nights anymore," he growled, throwing the game back into the closet.

jeongin and yeosang sadly looked at each other, getting up and walking over to minho. the two pulled their friend into a hug, and they could feel his body become less tense in their embrace.

once they all pulled away, minho could feel his cheeks become red. he was embarrassed. "sorry, that was kinda random. just playing the game unlocked all the memories, and it only made me more pissed off that things changed."

"i get it," jeongin spoke, putting his hand on minho's shoulder, "but it's probably for the better. i mean, everything happens for a reason, right?"

"he's right," yeosang agreed, walked over to minho and whispered in his ear, "like if you never went to therapy, you wouldn't have met jisung."

minho smiled slightly, giggling to himself.

"what did you say?" jeongin curiously asked, not hearing what yeosang said.  but minho waved it off.

"it's nothing, but thanks guys, you're both awesome."

minho looked at the game closet, and raised an eyebrow, "now, how about another game?"

yeosang and jeongin looked at each other, and then back at minho.

"NO!!"

~

catan is fun asf, you can't change my mind 😭