T H R E E

::::

minho walked into school, tired. of all places in the world, he hates school the most. not because of the actual learning part, but it's just a place where minho is constantly reminded how lonely he is.

he could feel his fellow classmates staring at him as he walked down the hallway. minho kept his head down, and stayed quiet. he was trying to make himself seem as invisible as possible.

minho isn't very liked at school. truthfully, he doesn't know why. it's like everyone who attends this school has an alliance to hate him. he's an easy target to get bullied and shit on, and he's given up trying to stop it.

i deserve it anyway.

minho opened the door to his first period class, math. nobody was in there as usual. he arrives to school early everyday, simply because he enjoys having the empty classroom to himself for a little while. it's peaceful, and he can't get picked on when nobody knows he's in here.

minho sighed as he slumped down in his assigned seat, and rested his bag on the ground next to him. he sits in the middle of the class, which gets him a nice view of everything, but is decently hidden so he can get distracted easily.

the room was silent, and the only thing he could hear are the faint laughs of kids talking outside or in the hallway. minho turned his head to look out the window, and he frowned when he caught sight of changbin. he had his arm around him, and the two of them were talking to another kid.

his angered boiled when he saw changbin and felix together, and he slowly clenched his hand into a fist. minho jerked his head away from the window, and rested his head in one hand. trying to relax, he closed his eyes, and took deep breathes.

and then before he knew it, kids started rolling into the room. now it's time to act like he isn't hurting on the inside every moment of the day.

::::

lunchtime is the worst part of minho's day. sitting alone in a cafeteria full of kids is embarrassing enough, but watching everyone purposely ignore him hurts even more.

not having an appetite, minho decided to just sketch in his notebook. it's been a hobby of his the last few weeks as a way to pass time.

he let his hand go as he drew what he felt like, not paying attention to anything around him. he was actually enjoying it, and decided to ignore the sudden rumbling in his tummy.

"shut the hell up," he mumbled, and continued to work on his drawing. minho's long sleeves kept falling in his way, but he knows he can't roll them up. if anyone at school finds out about his scars, he'll be done for. it's the perfect reason for kids to make him feel even more like a nothing.

minho tuned out all the loud voices around him, and had to force himself not to look at changbin's table enviously. it pains him to see his old best friend act like they never said a word to each other, and minho got the sudden urge to just throw his pencil.

you drove him away, like you do everyone else. nobody wants to be your friend.

minho sucked in a breath, and aggressively broke his pencil tip on accident. he cursed quietly, and set his pencil down sadly.

"hi, minho!" a happy voice cheered, walking up to his little rectangle table. minho's eyes peered up, and saw the same kid he sees everyday.

"what do you want, jeongin?" he asked, showing the younger a blank facial expression.

jeongin comes over to minho's table everyday to try and speak with him. but why would a cheerful person like him want to talk to some downer like minho, when he clearly has his own friends?

"well, i saw you weren't eating anything, so i bought you a slice of pizza!" jeongin then handed the paper plate to minho, who looked at it with disgust.

"i'm not hungry," he lied. jeongin's facial expression fell, but it perked back up within a second.

"then do you want me to at least get you water-"

"no!" minho yelled, but not too loud so he didn't draw attention, "go annoy your own friends. you don't have to buy me food out of pity."

minho then got up and walked over to the trash can, angrily throwing away the pizza.

jeongin sighed dishearteningly, his heart dropped seeing the elder avoiding to eat. he doesn't know what's going on in minho's mind, but by the way he retaliates against the other doesn't give jeongin a good feeling. it never has.

"but...it's not healthy to skip meals, minho," he informed, showing a worried expression. he sat down next to minho at the table, which made the blond tense up. he quickly shoved his hands in his sweatshirt pockets.

"i'm fucking fine! stop watching over me like you're my mom."

the words sounded horrible coming out of minho's mouth, but he couldn't control it. being brutally honest is a way of him to get his feelings out, and sugarcoating things was never his thing.

jeongin mentally cursed.

"please..." he begged, voice becoming weak, signaling he's about to give up.

minho's heart started beating quickly, feeling guilty about upsetting jeongin. he was just trying to help, and of course minho had to push him away.

"i'm sorry," minho apologized, grabbing his stuff and leaving the cafeteria. he suddenly felt like a weight was crushing him down.

he walked into the bathroom as a tear slowly ran down his face. not wanting to cry, he wiped it away, and splashed water on his face.

jeongin probably would have been better off not talking to him in the first place. then he wouldn't be upset, right?

"i'm better off just being alone," minho sighed. he walked out of the bathroom, feeling extra disappointed in himself than he usually is. 

~

i wrote this chapter while watching hannah montana and it took me ages because i was constantly getting distracted-

q: what's your favorite tv show?

a: miraculous ladybug! though it's considered a "kids show", i absolutely love the humor, the characters and the story plot is super interesting. i highly recommend it!!