T W E N T Y - F I V E

::::

minho walked into therapy that week feeling miserable. his mother literally had to drag him out of bed, much like his very first time going to the office. he just wanted to lie down and sleep the whole day.

feeling sad along with tired is not ideal for minho. sleeping away his problems has been working fine. but of course, his mom wouldn't let him miss one session.

he walked into jisung's office, flopping face down onto the couch and let out a groan. jisung looked at him, confused.

"are you okay?" he quickly asked, shutting the door and taking a seat across from the other. he whipped out his clipboard, preparing himself to write. minho shrugged, sitting upright to face jisung.

"why don't you tell me what's bothering you then," the other said, and minho could feel chills get sent down his body by the way he was speaking. it sounded so soft and sweet, much different from the loud and boldness when minho's in a good mood.

"it's nothing," he mumbled, twirling the sweatshirt string around his fingers while not making eye contact. minho doesn't know what's different, but he just feels more embarrassed today for some reason. it was as if a wave of everything's he's told jisung hit him, and is ashamed of it.

obviously not believing, jisung sighed. "whatever it is, it's alright. i won't make fun of you. i would never. i could never."

minho met his eyes with jisung, and instantly looked back down. he let out a heavy breath, thinking about the week and getting more annoyed at the memories.

"something i worked...really fucking hard on, got destroyed." every time minho had to work in the notebook and saw the rip mark the tear left, it's like his heart sinks to the bottom of his body.

jisung covered his mouth with his hands, shocked. "what happened?"

minho ran a hand through his hair, not wanting to talk about it.

just say it you coward.

minho flinched, which had jisung puzzled. he didn't say anything, wanting to give minho time to respond rather than force him to speak up about it so quickly.

"these kids from school...they kind of ripped a drawing out of my notebook."

jisung went wide eyed, completely in disbelief. he doesn't understand. how could anyone want to hurt minho?

"that's horrible!" he shouted, realizing he probably shouldn't be so loud. "i'm so sorry. when did it happen?"

minho bit his nails, so many thoughts going through his mind. he hates talking about his troublesome days, it makes him feel like he's reliving them.

"school. at lunch."

"and did anyone try to help? defend you?"

minho slowly nodded. he hated how that sounded, like he was too much of a wimp to be able to fight his own battles. instead, he needed someone, worse, someone younger to get them away.

jisung smiled, expecting the other to say no. "oh, that's great! who was it?"

"no, it's not great! it was that damn kid jeongin! all he did was make it worse, everyone thought it was so funny that the sophomore was standing up for a senior. it was humiliating!" minho snapped, choking on a breath afterwards. his face turned red, and he instantly felt guilty about yelling.

why are you feeling guilty all of a sudden? you never feel guilty.

jisung's smile faded away. "but doesn't it show he cares about you? rather than thinking so much about what people think, you should be grateful someone didn't just leave you in the dust."

minho continued to bite on his nails, trying to push away the fact jisung was right. minho hates being proven wrong, it makes him feel like his feelings are invalid. and although jisung means well, and in no way shape or form is he wrong, he can't help the way he feels.

"i guess- ouch!" minho shook his hands, and started wiping it on his sweatshirt.

"uh- you good?"

minho frowned, looking at his finger, "i bit the nail too low. now my finger is bleeding."

jisung lightly chuckled, playfully rolling his eyes. "i gotchu. come here."

jisung stood up and went over to his desk, minho following him. he opened a drawer and took out some products.

"give me your finger," he spoke, and minho put his index finger on a paper towel that the other had laid out. jisung dipped a cue tip in some solution minho found awfully familiar. it's the same one he has at his house.

he uses it a lot.

jisung rubbed the solution on minho's new cut, making the younger hiss in pain.

"sorry, i should have warned you it could sting."

i already knew it would.

"i-it's fine..." minho mentally slapped himself for stuttering. he couldn't focus on anything but jisung's soft hands touching his, and the pounding in his heart that the other is causing.

what's going on?!

jisung then got a bandaid and opened it. he carefully took minho's finger and wrapped the bandaid around it, making sure not to go so tight that it's uncomfortable or cuts off blood circulation.

"all fixed!" he smiled, quickly admiring the ring that still was on minho's finger. he found it interesting that he never takes it off, despite him and changbin not being friends anymore.

minho let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, returning the smile with a smaller one.

minho doesn't know why he's acting like this. but what he does know, is that he doesn't like it.

~

not gonna lie i completely forgot i was a writer for a few days cjskdks

q: where are you guys from?

a: i'm from new jersey in america! a state every other state likes to bully 😭