F O U R T E E N

::::

minho hands shook as he rested it on the door handle. god, he would rather do anything other than this right now.

he sucked in a nervous breath, and slowly opened the door. it revealed changbin on his phone, already looking bored.

he picked up his head at the sound of the opening door, and flashed minho a small, but obviously forced, smile. minho nodded his head, welcoming changbin in.

"we can, uh, head up to my room," minho mumbled, walking up the stairs while changbin followed behind.

changbin observed the house, noticing how nothing's changed since the last time he was here years ago. all the furniture was the same, the same photos hung on the wall, and everything had the same layout. it made changbin feel nostalgic, remembering all the memories he made here, this house once feeling like a second home.

the two walked into minho's bedroom, and that's when changbin saw a difference. it was trashed. there were clothes all over the room, hanging off minho's bed and chairs. the bed that was always made, now a mess. there were uneven photos close to falling off the walls, and the dressers were dusty.

it looks like minho doesn't even care anymore.

"wow," changbin muttered under his breath. he couldn't believe how horrible this room looked. the minho he knows is a neat freak, a little speck of dirt making him want to vacuum his entire house. but now, a mouse could be here and you wouldn't even know.

minho grabbed his laptop, walking over to his desk and pulling over a chair for changbin to sit down on.

"so, have you come up with a current event to talk about," changbin asked, opening up his notebook that had zero notes jotted down.

"nope," minho answered, staring blankly at his laptop screen. he had his head in one hand, just wanting this to be over.

"umm, do you want to do some research?" changbin then tried, pointing to the google tab opened up.

minho shrugged, letting out a sigh.

then changbin got angry. he slammed his notebook closed, and started packing up his backpack.

"you know, minho? you may not care about your grades, or apparently your room, or anything in your life anymore, but i do. and i'm not gonna fail this project because you don't care! i'm leaving, to work on our project by myself."

without saying goodbye, changbin stormed out of the room. minho tried to say something, but it was like his vocal cords were being tied together, unable to make him speak.

"i...i'm sorry..." he mumbled, knowing changbin would have no way of hearing it.

once minho heard the front door bang shut, he slammed his head on the desk and let out a groan. of course he had to mess this up too.

"fuck my life," he indignantly sighed.

minho spun around in his chair, thinking about what changbin said.

"you may not care..."

it stung his heart, the fact he used to care. maybe if he didn't stop caring, changbin wouldn't have left him in the first place.

tears welled up in minho's eyes, and he dug his fingernails into his palms, hoping the pain would distract him from the unpleasant and stupid emotions he's feeling.

he's gotten pretty good at doing that anyway.

~

i don't even know what this chapter is lmao,, it was supposed to show how small things changed in minho's life since he's become more alone and depressed, but i don't think anyone got that-
also, ateez got their third win today, i'm so proud!! 🥺

q: gods menu or levanter?

a: levanter! it's my favorite skz title track. from the song to the music video to the choreography, that whole comeback was perfect :,)

love y'all! <3