N I N E

::::

minho's mood was wrecked the whole week. he refrained from dressing nice again, going back to his basic 'i don't care' look. and, he wore a hat everyday to cover his new hair.

although wearing hats is against the school rules, minho couldn't give two shits.

his little bit of confidence he had is gone. he hates it, but he cares so much about what others think, that it hurts when someone doesn't approve of a change. he will instantly feel the need to please others.

minho walked into jisung's room, oddly thankful he was back here and not at his dads. he had on the outfit he wore monday, in hopes jisung would notice his change in appearance. maybe surprise the other.

jisung smiled warmly has he shut the door, and could tell there was something weird about minho today.

"something's off," he spoke, raising an eyebrow and looking at the other.

"could it be my hair, einstein?" minho sarcastically questioned, chuckling to himself a little. jisung playfully rolled his eyes, taking a seat across from minho as they usually do.

"i'm not that blind," he commented, "i mean your mood. you seem a bit more down. is something up?"

minho sighed loudly, sinking into the extremely comfortable couch. it was a soft leather, that mushes in when you sit on it. there are also fuzzy pillows, and a soft blanket folded, just waiting to be used.

he fiddled with his jacket zipper that wasn't zipped up. his black jacket - that seemed more like a cool looking raincoat - can get pretty hot, so minho chose to keep it open, showing off his plain white shirt.

"minho?"

"whatttttt!" he whined like a little child who's parents keep bugging them for something.

jisung mentally face palmed, already being able to tell that minho is going to be difficult today. not like he was easy to talk to any other day, but you get the point.

"okay, how was your dads weekend?" jisung then tried, in hopes to get minho to start speaking.

minho's face instantly changed, hating the mention of his father. he hates that man with his whole being.

a father is supposed to support their son no matter what, build up their confidence, and be a role model. but minho's dad makes him feel so small and helpless, like he's the biggest problem in the world that can't be fixed.

"crap. the weekend was very much, crap," he responded, frowning.

jisung quickly grabbed his clipboard, ready to jot down notes. this topic seemed to bother minho, which is why jisung is going to get him to talk about it more. he needs to know what's going on at home.

"why is that?" he asked in a normal tone, not wanting to intimidate the other.

minho shifted his spot on the couch, kicking off his shoes and putting his feet up as he curled into a ball. jisung chuckled softly.

"okay, i'll tell you...but can i play with the fidget ball while i do?" minho questioned quietly, sounding almost embarrassed.

without hesitating, jisung nodded and grabbed the ball, it being in the same drawer since the last time minho was here. his other clients prefer to play with stuffed animals or a slinky, or even maybe a board game. so it hasn't been used.

he didn't show it, but jisung was happy minho is willingly asking to use the ball. it shows he's growing more comfortable around here.

jisung handed it to minho, who grabbed it and started squeezing it. he could feel his anxiety slipping away with every sqeeze, and found it oddly soothing.

"so like, my dad is a total asshole-" minho cut himself off by putting his hands over his mouth and eyes widening, "i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to swear!"

jisung laughed, which caused minho to relax, although he was confused on why the older found the situation so funny.

"i guess i never told you this, but it's fine to swear. we have noise machines in the waiting room and pretty thick walls and doors, so nobody can hear what you're saying. you can swear, yell, and even cry if you have to. do whatever you need to let out your emotions. nobody can hear a thing outside these walls."

minho nodded slightly, showing he understood. he took another breath, before he continued to talk.

"i just feel so suffocated when i'm with him...all he cares about is what i look like, and god it hurts so much. i have no freedom, i can never do anything i want. he forced me to dye my hair, and now kids at school are accusing me to trying to impress them, when in reality i had no choice whatsoever weather i wanted this or not! he makes me feel like shit, and exaggerates everything wrong i do, making me feel like i can't do anything right. i fucking hate him!"

minho finished rambling, his face turning red from hardly stopping to take a breath. he angrily smashed the ball onto the floor, picking it back up regretfully. he laid back into the couch, crossing his arms and avoiding eye contact with jisung.

jisung let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, mouthing 'wow' to himself. he scribbled down some notes he will fix later.

"jesus christ, i can see why you don't like going there," jisung spoke, and minho looked back up and nodded in agreement.

"he's a sick bastard. but i'm thankful i only see him once a month."

jisung took a quick glance at his notes, and started up a new conversation.

"you said kids at school were picking on you cause of you're hair? what's that about?"

minho started aggressively stretching the ball between his fingers, his emotions building up.

"i've always been a target at school. but now that i've changed my hair color for, mind you not the first, but the second time this year, they were saying i'm doing it for attention."

minho ran a hand through his hair, just wanting his blond to sudden reappear.

jisung sighed, remembering how it felt to be picked on for every little thing back during his high school days. he hated every minute of high school, but it helps him understand how minho is feeling.

but for now, jisung's just happy minho opened up to him a bit.

~

sorry it's been a few days since i last updated :( i try to do daily updates, but it can be hard at times ahh

q: are you tall or short?

a: SHORT! i'm almost fifteen, but i'm sadly stuck at 4'10 since i was in the fourth grade. the doctor also said i most likely am done growing, so i guess i'll be a midget the rest of my life :,)

love you guys! ^^