F I V E

::::

minho sat crisscross on the same tiny chair in the waiting room as he has the last two weeks. it's become a weekly routine at this point; walk in, wave to the desk lady awkwardly, and sit on the chair closest to the front door.

minho put his hood on his head, which pushed his blonde hair into his face. he brushed it out of his eyes so he can see, and played on his phone to distract him from his bubbling nerves.

man, it's times like this where he really hates his mother. she knows how nervous he can get, but choses to leave him alone.

you care my ass. nobody cares about me.

after a few moments, jisung's office door opened, and this time a boy minho didn't recognize walked out. he smiled at minho, before leaving the office.

minho was greeted by jisung's bright and happy face. he looked up slightly, and sighed as he put his phone in his pants pocket.

"ready?" he asked, voice sounding calming and soft. minho nodded, and followed the other into the awfully familiar room.

he took a seat on the couch, and scrunched into a ball. jisung chuckled slightly, finding it cute to see someone look so tiny.

"how was your week?" jisung started speaking, clapping his hands together as he made eye contact with the other.

minho shrugged, and played with the strings on his sweatshirt, "fine, i guess."

jisung raised an eyebrow, "it doesn't sound like it."

minho changed his sitting position on the couch, squirming uncomfortably. "how the hell would you know?"

"minho, i've been learning about this stuff for years. i can tell when a person is lying by the tone of their voice and body language."

minho mentally cursed, running a hand through his hair.

jisung stopped talking for a second, and observed minho. the younger seemed to be fidgeting quite a lot, and he took note of it.

"you seem nervous. i think i have something that'll help," jisung then got up from his seat, and started looking through his drawers of toys. he opened and closed multiple of them, until he found the object he was searching for.

he's giving me a toy? what am i, five!

jisung walked back over to minho, and handed it to him.

"a...ball?" he questioned, sounding confused.

"not just a ball!" jisung laughed, "it's a fidget ball. it bends, stretches, squishes, and bounces. when you feel anxious, instead of playing with your clothes, you can play with the ball. plus, if you just let your hands play around with it, you can focus on talking with me without getting too distracted."

minho bit his lip, feeling pathetic. but nether the less, he grabbed it and started playing with it. weird enough, it did help.

"now, i need you to feel comfortable talking with me. is there anything you're okay telling me yet?" jisung spoke, trying to ease minho into opening up to him.

he looked down at the ball, refusing to make eye contact. he bounced it off his knee, and catch it once its in the air.

after no response, jisung got an idea. "okay, how about this. in order for you to trust me, what if i tell you something, and then you'll tell me something?"

this caught minho's attention. he looked up and raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean?"

"if i tell you something personal about me, will you tell me a reason why you're here in therapy? it doesn't have to be detailed, but i need an idea on how i can help you."

minho looked up at the ceiling, stuck in thought.

it might be good for you.

giving in, minho nodded and motioned for jisung to start talking.

"so, i don't tell this to a lot of people, because it's not something i'm proud of. when i was in middle school, i would get picked on. a lot," jisung began. minho was intrigued, knowing the same thing happens to him currently.

"i would get called names, told i was weird and that my dreams were stupid. i've always wanted to be a therapist, but kids thought the idea of trying to help people was pointless and strange, and they should work their problems out on their own."

minho frowned, actually feeling bad. he squeezed the ball tight, getting mad at whoever would say something like that to him.

"at one point, i actually believed them. i almost gave up on what i wanted. it took awhile for me to realize that what other people think shouldn't matter, and the reason they're acting like this to me is because they might be hurting, and need to talk to someone. that's when i really realized this is what i wanted to do. it may have taken a few harsh words, but it pushed me forward in the end."

minho was in shock. he never would have thought that his therapist had a story like him. he thought only people like him get bullied, and he doesn't consider jisung as someone like himself.

"wow...that's just horrible. but i'm glad you didn't let them break you down."

like they do to me.

"thanks, minho. now it's your turn, okay?"

minho started to squeeze the ball tightly over and over again, and could feel his heart beat increase. his thoughts ran around in his mind, trying to escape being spoken about.

"uh- like...like what?" minho asked, and could feel his voice shake. he dropped the ball and put his hand in his sleeve, tracing all his scars he knew he would have to tell jisung about eventually.

"tell me why your mom put you in therapy. just one reason, or whatever you feel comfortable telling."

minho took deep breaths, dreading this moment very much. he's never opened up about his feelings to anymore, not even his own family.

jisung waited patiently, a comforting smile on his face. he knows better than anyone, that when you're speaking about something that you aren't necessarily comfortable with, you don't want to rush the other person.

"i...i don't deal with m-my emotions very w-well," minho mumbled, breaking eye contact once again. he could feel his body start to shake, and he hated how fragile he seemed.

jisung rubbed the others shoulder soothingly, "you don't have to say anything else. that was good enough, okay?"

minho released a breath of relief, thankful he doesn't have to dig deep into his messed up mind.

jisung could tell minho was a bit shaken up from anxiety, so he opened his arms, and the other let jisung hug him.

they held it for a few moments, before minho got the courage to say in a weak voice,

"thank you."

~

it's been raining here so much and the power keeps going off, but when it goes back on the doorbell rings and my dog is lOSING IT

q: favorite stray kids song?

a: cjskdks oof- i wanna say levanter, but i also really like top, and the whole go live album slaps really hard...it's impossible to just chose ONE, they only make bops