T E N

::::

"hey, minho?" jeongin spoke, sitting down next to the other at his lunch table. the sound of his voice made minho smile slightly. it sounded so bright and happy.

minho's eyes peered up from his drawing, and he waved at the younger. he looked back down and began drawing again, but jeongin started speaking.

"you remember last week when you said you made pancakes?" he asked, which caught minho off guard. he gave a questioning look to jeongin and rose an eyebrow, showing he was curious.

minho nodded, setting his pencil down. jeongin looked like he was nervous to continue, so minho put an unsure hand on his shoulder, which definitely surprised the other.

minho's never been one for skinship, so even this came as a surprise to himself. he retracted it back, feeling embarrassed.

"well, do you think tomorrow you can teach me how? i've, um, never made any, but i love them so i want to learn how to...if that's okay with you!"

minho was about to decline the offer because they have school tomorrow, but then he remembered they have off. the school gives them one day off in the beginning of every month, and since it's the first week of december, there's no school tomorrow.

his insides started turning and heart picked up beat. he hasn't hung out with anyone since his and changbin's falling out, and is nervous he will mess it up like he did with his ex-best friend.

"uh— sure?" minho replied, more like a question than an answer. he was positive he wanted to say yes (for a reason he doesn't quite know), but his mind was telling him no.

jeongin's nervous face slowly grew into a smile, and he excitedly wrapped his arms around minho.

"oh yay! thank you thank you!"

minho slowly wrapped his arms around the other too, embracing the hug. he felt weird, the feeling of someone showing physical affection towards him feeling almost unfamiliar.

"do you want to go to my house or would you be more comfortable at yours?"

minho thought about it, remembering his mom is working all day tomorrow starting from early in the morning. if jeongin comes before the afternoon, they can have the pancakes made, eaten and cleaned up before his mother comes home. she never had to know someone was over.

"m-my house. i can message you my address."

jeongin happily nodded, waving goodbye to minho. the older put his head in his hands, feeling overwhelmed.

i can not believe i agreed to this. i don't even like this kid!

::::

jeongin face palmed himself in the head when he got home that afternoon, flopping on the couch afterwards. he groaned, throwing his backpack off to the side.

why did i lie? he questioned, regretting his entire plan.

you see, jeongin knows very well how to make pancakes. hell, he does it almost every morning for his family. but after struggling to come up with a way to get minho to hang out with him, this was the best he was gonna get.

the only issue is, jeongin sucks at acting. so having to pretend he has no idea what minho's doing tomorrow will be painful.

but, it's only for a few hours. jeongin's just happy minho agreed, because he was sure the older was gonna turn him down.

::::

minho woke up the following morning, just wanting to go back to bed. he turned off the alarm he set specifically for that morning, and shoved a pillow back over his head.