T W E N T Y - T H R E E

::::

minho laid across his bed after school tuesday afternoon, staring at his ceiling fan going around quickly in circles. he had one arm dangling off the side of his bed, while the other was flopped across his chest.

god, he hates the way he treated jeongin yesterday. he shouted so rudely at the other who was just trying to help, and then even made sure he was okay after the bullies made him upset. nobody has cared enough to check on him like that in years.

minho's heart turned at the thought of it. the kid is innocent, never done anything wrong. and yet, minho doesn't even try to be nice to him.

he's just gonna fuck up a chance for friendship like he fucked up his relationship with changbin.

then it hit him.

changbin.

minho shot up, realizing the project they were working on 'together' is due tomorrow, and they have to present it to the class. and he has no idea what the project is even about. he didn't help one single bit, and he's just gonna take all the credit.

a swarm of guilt washed over minho, as he grabbed his hair and sighed heavily. getting hot, he threw off his jacket to reveal his bare arms, letting his body cool down a little.

minho genuinely didn't know what to do. poor changbin had to do this whole project on his own, and because minho doesn't know what information to share with the class, they both could fail. that would be horrible, changbin putting in all that double work for nothing.

"crap!" minho yelled out, grabbing a pillow and throwing it across his room. "you fucking idiot!"

minho knew what was coming, and didn't want to be alone. he needed someone. he grabbed his phone with shaky hands, and opened instagram. he pulled up his and jeongin's message box, rereading their little conversations they've had here and there.

yjeonginehe

can you come over

yjeonginehe
now? i'm doing homework

please.

yjeonginehe
of course

minho really didn't know what he was doing. it was like his fingers were ahead of his mind. but at this point, he doesn't care. like changbin said, he doesn't care about anything anymore.

minho should have texted yeosang instead. he would probably scare him off, like he does everyone else. but jeongin already knows minho is messed up somehow, so seeing him now wouldn't make a difference. plus, he really just needs the younger's comfort. there's something about his hugs and voice that can calm minho down no matter what.

and yet you treat him horribly.

minho drank water and paced in his room, until he heard the doorbell ring. he jumped, the loudness hurting his hearing. he held his ears, the noise sounding like nails on a chalkboard.

did the doorbell get louder?

he walked downstairs and opened the door without hesitation, jeongin's presence already relaxing him. he looked so happy, his hot pink shirt and black jeans making him seem so bright. but yet, there was worry in his eyes, but minho couldn't see it.