T H I R T E E N

::::

"hey jisung, you know the office will be closed in two weeks for christmas, right?" the girl at the desk informed as she walked into jisung's office.

"hi, sana! and yeah, jun from upstairs told me. we're off for a week right?"

sana nodded, "yeah, from the twentieth through the twenty-seventh. we're back to work the twenty-eighth."

jisung whipped out his phone and started marking his break in his calendar, smiling as he did. as much as he loves his job, it's nice to take a break once and awhile.

he realized he needs to start contacting all his new clients about the week break. he went to his computer and pulled up the information, and started making calls.

eventually, jisung got to minho, him being his most newer client. his mother put her and minho's phone number in the information, just in case she isn't available.

jisung dialed the phone number he saw on the screen, and held the phone between his ear and shoulder. it rang for a few seconds, until he got left with a voicemail.

crap, he thought. jisung hung up the phone, not bothering to leave a message. without thinking, he started dialing minho's phone number. it's a new number due to him recently getting a new phone, so good thing jisung remembered to update it.

the phone rang, and jisung remembered he might be working on homework. it is monday after all.

he looked at his clock, and realized he only had gotten out of school half an hour ago.

i'll just hang up-

fortunately, after a few rings, the other picked up.

"hello?" minho asked, not recognizing jisung's number. jisung raised an eyebrow, he sounded angry. his voice was low, and it sounded like he was talking through his teeth.

"um, hi minho. it's jisung," he greeted, "your mom didn't answer the phone, so i called you instead."

"yeah. shes out," minho replied shortly.

jisung spun around in his chair, curious as to why minho sounds so pissed off.

"i just want to let you know that the week of christmas the office is closed. so i won't be able to see you that saturday," he told. minho nodded, making a mental note to tell his mom not to drive him that day.

"okay. thanks." he went to go hang up, but jisung stopped him.

"wait, why do you sound upset?"

minho groaned, flopping onto his back on his bed. he switched his phone from one ear to another.

"it's nothing," he mumbled.

jisung sighed, "please tell me. i mean it is my job."

minho bit his lip, having a mental debate with himself, "aren't you busy? it's monday afternoon, i don't want to bother you."

jisung remembered the time, and he has some time to kill, "not right now. my last client of the day was an hour ago, and my classes don't start till 3:00. and now it's currently only 2:30."

minho gets out of school at 2:00.

"oh."

"so...what happened?"

minho got the words together in his mind, figuring out how he wanted to tell jisung. once he did, he started speaking.

"my stupid fucking history teacher partnered me with changbin for a project. and when i asked to change, she told me no! now, he's coming over soon to work on it."

minho's voice was loud and had an angry tone to it, something jisung has never heard before.

"oh! wouldn't this be a good way to reconnect with him, though?" jisung asked, trying to find a way to get the two talking again.

"not a chance. we already discussed it. we are gonna get most done today at my house so we can get this over with and we can go back to not talking. he doesn't want any part of me anymore, obviously."

minho's tone slowly started to get quieter, signaling he was sad about it. jisung frowned, heart sinking.

suddenly, minho heard a knock on his front door. he sighed, knowing who it is.

"i got to go. bye jisung, see you this week."

without waiting for a response, minho hung up the phone and slammed it on his dresser.

he quickly made sure he looked fine, before dragging himself downstairs to answer the door.

~

happy birthday stays! i love you all so much, thank you for being my second family 🥺

q: is this your first or second stay anniversary?

a: second! i was a stay before we got the fandom name, and i remember the day it dropped i was so happy and excited :(

love you all! ^^