|| 08 || Partners In Love

• Art by Tippi The Bat on tumblr 

• Heeey, look who finally finished the request! Me! If you have any ideas for special chapters, feel free to tell me and I'll write them. Such as chapters about certain events or if you have format ideas, like group chats between the different characters. 

• For now, enjoy the chapter~ :) 

Slight Angst/Fluff •

Alice x !Depressed!Reader •

Weeks after your best friend has been missing, you finally find her. And for some reason she's covered in green goo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, (Y/N/N)! It's like, 1:00pm, yo gotta get up" (S/N) had poked their head in to wake you up. You had already been awake for a few hours, but had barely moved at all. Shuffling in your blankets slightly so your head was slightly more visible, you could see the worry on your brother/sister's face grow as they took in your appearance. Your hair was tangled and partially covered your face. Your eyes were dull and the whites were ringed with red. (S/N) hesitated by the doorway, but they rushed to your side and hugged you tightly, which also trapped you in the blankets.

"(Y/N/N)... I know you miss Alice, but you can't stay in bed all day". You felt your eyes burning again at the mention of your missing friend/crush. (S/N) rubbed your back and hummed softly in your ear to calm you down. It worked slightly as the burning sensation faded.

"I'll make you a deal" they said, which caused you to perk your head up in curiosity. "If you get dressed and get out of bed, I'll help you look around for Alice". You started nodding frantically, and wiggled to escape their gasp. The chuckled and pet your head softly before leaving.

This was the first time you'd been outside in a while, you wondered were Alice was now. The happy feeling you felt earlier when your sibling had offered to help you had now faded and had been replaced by dread, sadness and fear. What if something bad had happened to her, or even worse, what if she didn't like you anymore. You don't think you could bare the thought of Alice ditching you and hanging out with other people. Sure, it would be incredibly bad if Alice died, but if she just didn't want to be your friend anymore, to your young brain that sounded like pure torture.

"Any idea where she might be?" Your sibling's voice broke your train of thought. You stopped for a second. Where could she be? You hadn't really thought of that, what with the whole Alice being gone and missing thing. This is why you wished you went to kindergarten with Alice instead, so you could keep an eye on her way more easily. And, you wouldn't have to go through all the traumatic stuff your other kindergarten made you go through. That made you think about your other friends, more specifically, Billy. 'He went missing too' you thought, which brought back all the bad memories from your last kindergarten. What if that IS what happened to Alice. That thought made you feel queasy, making you want to find her even more.

(In the lab)

Anxious. That is exactly how Alice felt right now, no, EXTREMELY ANXIOUS. She fiddled with her hair, thinking about her best friend/crush, (Y/N). How were they dealing with her disappearance?