|| 26 || Lasers And Gingers

Art by Sakuiraii on twitter (Monty) •

Art by Metamatronic on Tumblr (Ozzy) •

Fluff

Monty x !Gender Neutral!Reader x Ozzy •

Ozzy almost gets himself blown up after trying to convince you to go with him instead of Monty. Things turn out surprisingly well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You happily flopped on to the ground besides Monty's wheelchair. You enjoyed the warm sun that heated up the playground area. You could hear Monty chuckled at your expression, and you had to bring a hand up to your face to block the sun from your vision so you could properly look at him. He grinned at you and quickly turned away, fixing his glasses.

You smiled and let your head flop to the ground again, closing your eyes contentment. You listened to the small sounds that Monty made while he worked on something. You also heard when he cursed under his breath.

"What's wrong?" You asked, your eyes still closed. Monty sighed and tried his best to manoeuvre his way to face you. You sat up and looked at him. He was still roughly a head taller than you while you sat on the  ground.

"I need to pick something up from my locker, but I'm not allowed inside since I already used my bathroom pass" Monty furrowed his brow in thought.

"Hey, I could get it for you, I haven't used mine yet" you replied casually, pulling out your bathroom pass. Monty looked hesitant to accept the offer. He fidgeted with his glasses before he nodded.

"The combination is 4582, it's the orange locker. Second closest to the left. There's a small box near the back, that's what I need" Monty explained to you. You nodded and cheerfully skipped over towards the building. 

On the way over, you noticed Ozzy would sneak glances at you and when you caught him, he freaked out and tried to look anywhere but at you. You shrugged it off and showed Ms. Applegate your bathroom pass.

You ran up the stairs two at a time, thankful that Stevie monitored the cafeteria during lunch, and that you and Charlie (the other hall monitor) were pretty good friends and he would usually let you pass for free. You stopped in front of Monty's locker and leaned down to hold the lock.

You quickly entered the code and looked around for a second, before you noticed a small box in the lowest right corner of the locker. You picked it up and locked the door again.

You hummed a cheerful tune and you walked outside again. You had to cover your face again as the sun flashed in your eyes. As the spots in your vision cleared, you realised that someone was standing in front of you. They were a bit taller than you, and by seeing their messy hair and pale face you could instantly tell it was Ozzy. His cheeks were flushed, and he started at you with big nervous eyes.

"Uhm.. Hey (y/N)" his voice cracked when he said your name. You honestly thought it was kinda cute. You then realised that Ozzy was hunched over slightly, as if he were tired.

"Oh! Hey Ozzy!" You flashed him a smile, which caused the blush on his face to reach his neck and ears.

"Would you mind sitting with me today?" Ozzy asked quickly, his eyes darting nervously over to Monty, who was glaring slightly at Ozzy.