|| 29 || Merchant And Monster

• Art by Kichip on Deviantart 

• Monty x !Labrat!Reader 

• Fluff 

• (Characters aged up to around 13/14, also Monty got robo legs in this one) 

Monty takes in a mutated lab escapee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This place sucked. The people you were stuck with? Sucked. The principal you didn't even know? She double sucked. Your life? That also sucked.

You raised your head up to stare at the endless shadows the seemingly swallowed he dark basement/lab. Your only source of light were the annoying blinking levers right next to the glass chamber you and your... fellow test subjects were trapped in, and your night vision. 

You had quickly learned that their names were Madison, Ron and Alice. And you, being in your extremely, antisocial 'I-hate-everything-and-everyone-and-if-you-touch-me-I-will-stab-you' phase, hated all of them.

You also hated being in this, admittedly, scary lab. But what you hated the most what the extensive amount of tests that had been done on you. For some reason, the supposed principal focused her attention on you more so than the others and you hated it. The tests were painful and left you with side-effects that would last for days, while your least hated member of the squad, Alice, comforted you.

As a result of these vast amount of tests, you had acquired some definitely not human characteristics. Such as sharp teeth, extended nails that looked more like claws, heightened senses and slitted eyes that glowed in the dark. Sure, from afar, you definitely looked human. Up close though...

Your eyes quickly darted back to the table while you were lost in thought. Siting on the smooth surface sat the elevator key. It was slightly rusted, but your sharp night vision just managed to catch a small glimpse of it. You smiled, a plan forming in your mind. The principal wasn't here, and your semi certain that she wouldn't mind you leaving... maybe. Plus! She has three more subjects right here.

Looking back at the forms of your sleeping lab mates one last time, you sighed. Was it really fair for them to be left behind? You felt a flash of remorse that was quickly replaced was an urge to get the fuck out of this damn lab.

Using your claws, you managed to cut a rough circle hole in the glass, like in the spy movies you watched before this. Now, how do you get it out?

—————15 minutes of struggling and escaping a lab later —————

Haha! Suck it principal! Secret inescapable lab my ass! You laughed silently, creeping through the dark halls of a school you had never seen before. How did you even get here in the first place? 

The only thing you knew was that you went to school with Alice, and that the last thing you remember before waking up here was... welp, can't even remember that. All the memories just sort of blurred together which meant you couldn't pick out a specific memory.

You stopped in front of the main set of doors which lead directly outside. 'This is gonna be a bit of a long shot' you thought, reaching for the handles. You gave them a rough jiggle, which gave you the result you didn't expect. After a few jiggles, the doors opened pretty much silently. You carefully looked around as if someone was getting ready to trap you and take you back into the awful lab.

"Huh, who the hell is inside the building at this hour?" Shit. You froze. Looking up, you could easily see a boy standing there, confusion etched on his admittedly cute face. He had messy ginger hair, thick framed glasses and some... questionable looking shoes, which looked like they were made of metal.

"Uhhh... hi?" You gave him a half-hearted wave. He stared for a bit before pulling out a torch so he could see you better. You hissed and squinted at the sudden brightness while the stranger adjusted his glasses to see better.

"You don't go to this school, do you?" He asked. You gave him a deadpanned look, still partially blind from the light. He seemed to notice this and pointed it the the ground directly at your feet. You brought your hands up to carefully rub your eyes to get rid of the effect of the light.

"What do you think, shorty? I have no idea what the hell I'm doing here AND how I even got here!" You hissed through gritted teeth. The boy stiffened up at the nickname but he otherwise didn't react. He sighed and looked over his shoulder for a bit.

"I'm Monty. You?" He finally said. You stared at him blankly. Monty stared back. You scrunched up your face in thought. You hadn't really given any thought to your name. Alice didn't know your name since you two weren't really close. She really only referred to you as 'friend' when comforting you.

"Uhh, just call me (Y/N)" you answered awkwardly. Monty nodded absentmindedly, before becoming lost in thought. He sort of just zoned out, so you walked up to him and shook him by the shoulders. He made a startled noise and just gave you an annoyed look.

"Uhh, whatcha doing here at, like, 1am in the morning. In... pyjamas?" Getting a closer look, you realised that Monty was dressed in a fluffy grey top with the image of a chibi kitten on it and a pair of regular pyjama bottoms. Monty grumbled under his breath.

"I'm here cause Li- one of my friends wanted me to find something out here, a secret lab or something. And I had to sneak out and my sister is a light sleeper and I didn't have time to get changed" he explained in a huff. You tried your hardest to not start snickering. Monty glared at you and jabbed you in the ribs. Wrong move on his part.

"Ahhhh! What. The. Hell. Are you made of concrete or something?" Monty hissed in pain, holding his elbow. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. The tests, along with giving you all the stuff I listed earlier also made your bones extremely hard and your skin thick and rough, somewhat like a crocodile. You just laughed under your breath. Monty sighed. Gotta admit, his face looks cute when he's annoyed, you could get used to annoying him.

"I'm assuming you don't have anywhere to go for now?" Monty said, pinching the bridge of his nose. You nodded your head quickly, scooting slightly closer to him. Monty sighed, did he do that a lot? He took your hand in his, causing the both of you to blush.

"C'mon, my house is only ten minutes away".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... it's been a while since I made a chapter, huh? It feels that way. School is becoming a bit easier for me but I still got a huge amount of writers block since I'm not as active in the Kindergarten community. 

Also, I'm really sorry I haven't been writing requests, but like I said, writer's block is being a bitch towards me. I might make a part 2 for this chapter, so if you want to see that, just ask. I'm also thinking of starting a Tsuyu Asui x reader or something like that soon, so if any of y'all like BNHA, keep an eye out for that.

I love writing for the labrat reader.

Anyway, I hope you have/had a wonderful day/night.

Bye~