|| 10 || Lab Rat Love

Art by Shinju-Fury on Deviantart •

!Lab Rat!Billy x !Gender Neutral!Reader •

Fluff 

Billy finally gets rescued from his stupid lab. His rescuers? Two random kids he's never seen before and his sister. And one of those kids? Coolest person he's ever met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billy had no idea how long he had been down here in this stupid lab. He had no idea how much time had passed since the principal had nabbed him when he snooped on the janitor's stuff in the boy's bathroom. 

Squinting, Billy could barely make out the outline of the principal moving around through the goo that kept him alive in the test tube. Or maybe it was the fact that he was partially mutated and could barely make out anything. It was awful here. 

Everyday, Billy could feel his memories slipping away, and it scared him. He didn't want to forget his sister, or his parents, or that one kid that would sit next to Monty, he suspects they are either related or business partners (that's right, you are now Monty's cousin, deal with it).

Billy sighed as well as he could in his current form and closed his eyes to try and fall asleep to try and escape this reality. He found himself thinking about the times he spent with her sister. He realized, with a sinking feeling of horror, that he couldn't quite remember what her face looked like. That feeling of dread only followed him as he fell asleep.

———— Earlier with you ————

Billy had terrible handwriting. That was what you though as you and your cousin, Monty, tried deciphering what he had written on the note. Something about a secret door in the principal's office, or something like that. There was also a code written towards the bottom of the paper.

"Damn, when we see this kid next, remind me to give him some writing lessons" you muttered to Monty. He snickered slightly and adjusted his glasses.

Your head perked up when you hear someone approaching you and Monty. Monty must've heard it to, since he immediately looked to whoever was, but slightly calmed when he realized it wasn't someone who could harm you. Instead, it was the odd kid who had given you the note this morning, though apparently Monty didn't remember him.

"Figured you'd be seeing us around now. Slop is no good, and I don't think anyone is brave enough to a 'Biscut' from the janitor. Dumb old man can't even spell it write" Monty finished talking, but he did a doubled take when you nudged him slightly with your elbow and reminded him who the kid was. Monty cheeks flushed slightly with embarrassment, but he quickly composed himself.

"Did you decipher the note" Kid asked the two of you. Monty made a 'pssh' noise and told him that you had written it on the back of the note. You handed the note to Kid and he thanked you before walking over to Lily.

 You zoned out your cousin's ramblings and watched Kid and Lily talk about something. 'Probably doing something exciting... maybe they're the ones who are rescuing Billy. Monty never lets me do fun stuff since he's older and thinks he needs to protect me' you thought, highly doubting that you needed to be protected since you were the only one here who Buggs was afraid off.