|| 23 || I'm In Love With A Robot!

Art by lavphire on Tumblr •

Ok so, I knew as soon as I got this request I would be doing something real fluffy for my fav character. I loved writing this chapter. Also characters are aged up to around nine

Pure Fluff •

!Shy!Penny x !Gender Neutral!Reader •

You and Penny play together before school and comfort each other during first class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi Penny!" You called out, waving to your overly shy friend. Penny looked up, startled by your loudness, and shyly waved back. Coming to a stop when you got to her, you flashed her a big smile. Penny flushed a lime green, and gave you a small smile back.

"C'mon, we should hurry up if we don't wanna be late to school! Dr. Danner might yell at us again" Penny silently laughed at your boisterous attitude, though you didn't have a clue on why. You were just happy your best friend and or crush was happy.

The walk to the kindergarten wasn't that long, but you had walked to school with Penny under the watchful eye of her mother, who would occasionally passive aggressively scold you two for running off without her. Serves her right.

When you got to the kindergarten, Penny's mother (who shall be named Karen, because look at her haircut) said she has some work to do in her office and let you and Penny into the downstairs class to play with the toys in the toy box, with her sister popping in every now and then to check on you.

"I just love my dolly" Penny murmured shyly, holding up her favourite toy. It was a doll wearing a pink dress that looked very similar to Penny's, with the only thing making them different being the colour. The doll also has blonde hair pulled neatly into two pigtails. You inwardly gushed at how cute Penny was.

"And I love my (F/T)! You think the two of them could be friends?" You asked Penny. Penny blushed at your beaming face and merely squeaked in response.

"I-I think... t-they could be g-great friends!" She stuttered after taking a breath. You gently placed your toy and the floor as Penny placed her doll next to it. The two of you started moving them slightly and talking in funny voices, like the toys were having a conversation. 

Occasionally, your toy would say something that would send you and Penny into a flurry of giggles. Ms. Margaret had checked on you during one of your 'giggle sessions' and had softly smiled before quickly leaving.

After a while of playing with the toys and reading the books in the room, the principal had walked into the room to tell you that the day was starting. You and Penny hurriedly put your toys away and dashed out of the room, still giggling slightly. Karen would have to be lying if she said the scene didn't warm her heart at least a little.

Both of you were in the gift class, or as you referred to it as, 'The Big Brain" class. Every time you would call it this, Penny would chuckle at your silliness. But both of you knew you'd rather be in the downstairs class, just playing with toys and reading books together all morning, but you had to be in the stupid smart class. You're pretty sure everyone hates Dr. Danners lectures.

On the way to the smart class, you heard a few of the kids muttering about how weird Penny was and why would you spend time with her? You had whipped around and death glared at who said that. That sure shut them up. Turning around, you'd thought that Penny hadn't heard them, but when you saw her face, you could tell she was trying her hardest not to be embarrassed or start to cry.

You had whipped around once again to give another glare to the kids who said that. You grabbed Penny's hand and turned and started walking to the cafeteria. Opening the door, you saw Ms. Margaret prepping today's lunch. She turned to face you, getting ready to scold you for not being in class, before she saw Penny's face. 

Her face crumpled in a way she never showed around the other kids. Ms. Margaret had been more of a mother figure to Penny even more than Penny's own mother, and in response, Margaret had become fiercely protective of her niece. Ms. Margaret knew exactly what had happened and had given you a pass to get the two of you out of class for the morning.

You took Penny outside so you could have some privacy. You two sat under the tree which had it's beehive removed a few weeks ago. As soon as Penny sat down she started bawling into her hands. You immediately felt your heart break and you crouched down next to her. You gently wrapped your arms around her and started rocking her back and fourth slightly. Penny went from bawling into her hands to bawling into the crook of your neck.

You shifted the both of you slightly, which meant Penny was now sat in between your legs so you could hug her better. She had the hem of your shirt gripped tightly and was calming down slightly. You brought your hands up to her head and started combing your hands through her hair. 

To do so, you had to take out her signature bun. While running your fingers through her tangles, you had to carefully avoid nudging her antennae which was usually hidden under her bun.

You wrapped her scrunchie around your wrist and combed out her surprisingly long hair with your fingers. Penny seemed to visibly relax into your touch and her sobbing turned into sniffles and the occasional hiccup. You had started making calming shushing sounds halfway through which had also helped slightly.

Penny brought her hands from the hem of your shirt and wrapped them around your waist in a hug. You couldn't see her face well, but the few glimpses you did get, you could see her face was a bright lime green colour.

"You okay now?" You softly asked her. Penny let out a few shaky sighs before nodding slowly. You reached around and gently took one of her hands in your own. She flushed, gaining a deeper shade of green around her cheeks to go along with her light lime blush. 

"(Y/N)... I need to tell you something" Penny's voice trembled slightly, and she kept averting her gaze. You sat up straight against the tree now, which left Penny's head lying in your lap know. You flashed her a small smile to show that she was okay to keep talking.

"Uhm..." she started. The little red pinprick in the centre of her pupil kept dilating and expanding with nervousness. She started fiddling with one of the longer strands of her hair.

"W-well... I've b-been thinking lately... h-how do you feel about me?" Penny kept her gaze away from yours, but her cheeks only got darker with embarrassment. You had a sneaking suspicion what Penny was getting at, since she wasn't the best at hiding her feelings, especially from you.
You smiled gently at her and thread your fingers through her hair again. She sighed and relaxed from your touch.

"I'm assuming this is your way of asking if I love you?" You asked bluntly. Penny let out another series of embarrassed squeaks and curled up, hiding her face with her hands. You got slightly worried and you tenderly pried her hands away from her face.

Looking at her, you could see she had creased her face in worry. Worry that you might reject her and never want to talk to her again. Worry that she might loose the person she is closest to. Worry th-

Penny seemed to malfunction as she tried to realise what you had just done. What did you do, you may be asking? Well, you leaned over and quickly placed a kiss on her nose tip. She looked up at you with her big, cyan eyes, and gave you a small smile.

"It's a yes, you dorky little robot!" You affectionately, booping her on her antenna slightly. Penny gave you a cute giggle and beamed at you.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Ok so, I realised while writing the last bit, that it felt kinda weird to have such an emotion scene when it was only earlier that they were playing with toys... just go with it. Personally, I think that all the characters can switch between their actual mental age, and then that of an adult since that is mostly how they're portrayed in the games.

Anyway, I hope you have/had a wonderful day/night.

Bye~