Chapter 7

I woke early the following morning, I'd gotten showered, packed all my belongings and it was only six forty-five, checking my watch I knew I'd have plenty of time for a cup of tea and a couple of slices of toast. I was walking towards the kitchen when I heard the door bell. I opened the door to James.

"Oh good you're up" he said smiling, "Thought you might like to have breakfast with us this morning."

"Yeah that'd be lovely thanks" following him to their kitchen I could smell the food cooking even before I got through their front door.

"Ooh that was good timing", Mark was just putting the food onto the plates, James ushered me to my chair and handed me a cup of tea. We chatted happily through breakfast about the events of the weekend and my return visit.

"It'd be nice next time if we all got time to spend time with you", Mark suggested, I could feel my face blush, "You were here to enjoy yourself not help Daniel with his assignments".

"What?" I asked confusedly,

"Yeah Daniel told us you'd spent so much time together because he was really struggling with some of the maths in his assignments" James added but I could see him watching me sceptically.

"Oh yeah I did, but I only helped him a little, I had plenty of my own stuff to do as well, you should have joined us, maybe next time?" I added.

"Are you sure you wouldn't mind?" James' tone was heavy with implication.

"Actually, I could have done with your help, I need to decide on a dissertation topic and I'm a bit stuck. To be honest I hardly helped Daniel, I spent most of my time reading journals and articles hoping they'd give me ideas of what to do". Mark smiled.

"If you still need help when you come back I'll definitely help you".

"Thank you" I said smiling back at him.

By the time I'd said my goodbyes to James and Mark it was after seven thirty, my train was twenty passed eight and it was only a ten minute walk to the station but I didn't want to rush so I thought I'd leave at about ten to. When I got back to the room I double checked I hadn't forgotten anything and used the bathroom one last time before heading off.

As predicted Katie was still fast asleep and I knew it was a pointless task trying to wake her as even if I did forcibly open her eyes there was no way she'd be conscious and even less chance of her being able to say something which made sense, no I'd let her sleep then give her a call tonight when I got home from my lectures.

A couple of the girls were just starting to rise and I managed to say my goodbyes to them before I left, Sarah and Naomi walked me to the door and with a quick hug I left and started making my way back to the station.