Prologue : The Wed Job

Blue House, South Korea

"I beg your pardon, Mr. President?"

"You're going to marry my son, and that is final."

"But...but..why? There are a lot of options rather than a marriage, Sir, let alone marrying him to me. We can put out another official statement, or keep him away for a while. I am sorry, Mr. President, why me?"

"You're very good at handling crisis, I've seen you worked for years. I trust you. After all, you are the only female staff from your department. You're qualified, you're fit for the optics." President Hyun explained to me in a firm tone.

"Miss Son, we think that you're a good match for him. We like you, dearly. You've proven your loyalty. I am sure you can tame, I mean, handle my son, in so many ways," his wife, The First Lady, or Mrs. President, as to how I liked to address her, were trying to calm me down.

"Mrs. President...do I have a space to negotiate here?"

"Consider it as a part of your job, Miss Son. For optics, at least. No one knows this but the four of us. Five, including him. You will share the mansion with him, and your office practically moves to your bedroom that you will share with him. Your job is to handle him, stay beside him, consort him."

"For how long, Ma'am?"

"Until the official election vote count announcement, at minimum. Let's say I win, we will stretch it until the inaugural ceremony," President Hyun answered for his wife.

"Based on the latest NIS information, you don't have any significant other to worry about, do you?" my boss Park Heesoo asked me.

"I don't, Mr. Park. I just don't get it why, and why me."

"It's an order, Miss Son, a special order directly from President Hyun, not just an arranged marriage. You will marry him next week. Tonight you will move to his mansion to give you both time to know each other better. The staff will help you with the immediate move. Tomorrow, Blue House will release an official statement about the wedding plan."

"Does Mr. Hyun know about it?"

"He has been informed."

"And how did he react?"

"Basically he understood the intention of this plan, so it's a go from him, " Mrs. President assured me.

"The staff may know that we aren't even dating and become suspicious."

"Then start dating tonight." Mr. Park suggested.

"What if anyone finds out? It will cause a bigger scandal for you, Mr. President."

"Then don't. My reputation is on stake. You know what to do. Deny it, and do what you do best in this job, as Mrs. Hyun."