Testing the Waters

Son Yejin POV

Bin kept his promise. The sleeping arrangement was actually working. He got the couch and let me use his bed. He never asked for something weird, stopped teasing me with Youngjae, and I started to get more comfortable with his presence around me. He ran with me every morning, and when Youngjae was on his shift, he intentionally asked for Youngjae to run with us. Like he wanted to show off.

Our on-screen acts gained positive waves to President Hyun's family. Media started to dig about mine too. Blue House placed some agents in front of my family house in Daegu and would escort their trip here for tomorrow's event.

On the other side, Youngjae was...irritating. As the wedding day got closer, he got more aggressive. Bin's attempts to draw the line were affecting him. I asked him to stop telling me that he loves me as I already knew that. I also offered him for rotation, he could choose assigned to somebody else rather than me, if that makes him more comfortable, but he rejected. Said that he wanted to make sure that my fiance didn't hurt me or sort of.

Four days later, one night before the wedding, he replaced the couch in his bedroom with a bigger and comfier one, comfortable enough to sleep on. The staff had put it inside the bedroom, but the owner was not here yet. It was half-past 11, and he had excused himself since the family dinner was done, said that there was something that he needs to take care of.

I got a text from my manager Mr. Park.

Don't forget to locate your groom before bed. Tomorrow will be a big day. The last thing I need is a runaway groom.

Really, Mr. Park, I'd rather deal with a national crisis than this spoiled brat Hyun

I know. This is also an assignment. Don't forget to check out tomorrow's schedule, you'll be very busy since early morning.

I will. You better give me a promotion when it's done. Thank you.

I put on my robe and stepped outside. I looked out for him, asking the housemaid.

"Where is Mr. Hyun? Is he going out?"

"He is in the study, Ma'am."

I nodded and went to the study. Two agents stood in front of the door, one of them was President Hyun's.

"Can I come to inside?" I asked the agent.

"Sure," he opened the door and made an announcement inside, "Miss Son is coming in, Mr. Hyun."

President Hyun and his son were staring at three giant computer screens in the study. They were discussing something and didn't notice me in the room. From where I stood, I could see Bin's graduation photos. He was a master in financial management and took special courses in stock market investment. Indeed, he was a man with a brain, but still, I failed to understand his irresponsible acts throughout these years.

Displayed were charts and a list of stocks. I knew before the Blue House life, Hyun's family gained their fortune through stock markets. Hyun Sr. has great intuition in choosing a stock and trading them, but little I knew that his son was also into it.

Bin looked different from his usual appearance. His long-sleeved shirt was pulled up to his elbow, two buttons shirt were off from his collar, reading glasses on his nose, and his hair was a bit messy.

I decided to sit on the couch, didn't want to interrupt them. Minutes later, President Hyun patted Bin's shoulder and turn around, as the discussion was seemed to be done. President Hyun was aware of my presence and greeted me, "Miss Son, how long have you been there?"