Indecisive

Son Yejin POV

"Ma'am, can I have a day off, like for just one day? I need to go to Cambridge. I'll do double shift the day after," I asked my store manager.

"Can not. You're new here, can't take a day off until at least two months you work here."

"Oh, okay. Thank you, Ma'am."

I texted Bin that I couldn't get a day off to go with him.

Sorry, I don't get a day off for Cambridge. Have fun without me!

Ain't fun without you. It's fine, it's only one hour from here, what about tomorrow early morning?

Okay, I'll have the evening shift for tomorrow.

Sorry, I can't pick you up today, I need to take care of something in the embassy.

It's ok. See you.

See me when? Tonight? how about you come to my place and we watch a movie together?

I'll think about it

Movie night with him, just him and me in his apartment? Was that a good idea?

"Going home alone? where is your boyfriend?" my store manager asked me.

"He has to do something, I'm fine."

"Why does his face look familiar, anyway? Like I have seen him before, maybe on TV? Is he an actor, an athlete, or something?"

"No, you must be mistaken," I chuckled.

There was no way my store manager ever watch news about the President of South Korea and his bad-boy son.

"You two look cute together. If I were you, I will put a ring on him soon."

"Shouldn't that work the other way?"

"Women nowadays are competitive, missy. Don't take this the wrong way, but we all here notice him because of his looks."

"Ah, okay, Ma'am. I will give him some hints," I chuckled at her.

He already put a ring on my finger, not just an engagement one but a wedding ring. It was just we were stepping back. I played with my ring while flashing back my wedding vow. There was one part that got me.

"I really hope that there is no tomorrow when we're not together."

I was so broken when we were apart. Then he came to me, begged for a second chance, which I gladly gave. I lied by saying that I was unsure of my feelings. I loved him, but I was hurt.

I remembered his words, that he wanted to turn back the time and be there with me in every moment from the very beginning, buying the pregnancy test pack. Kids are gifts from God, they said. I wished God gave us the second chance. I thought that I never wanted one, but then I almost got one, and it was being taken from me. That's when I knew how much I wanted it, I didn't know what I've got til it's gone.

Lost in my thoughts, I almost missed my bus stop. Hurriedly pressed the bell, I got off the bus. I thought about what dinner to cook, maybe another chicken noodle? He said that it was delicious. I planned to make some fruit salads too, healthy snacks to enjoy the movie.

"Auntie Yejin," my neighbor's little daughter called me when I was about getting inside my flat while holding a bouquet of colorful peonies that looked too big for her.

"Hi, sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm fine. Auntie, this is yours. From uncle."