Bath Bombs

Son Yejin POV

"Where do you want to go today?" Bin asked me during our breakfast by the lake.

"Roaming the streets of Bellagio, how so? I want to check out the local shops. Maybe I can buy a few scented candles to be brought home."

"Okay. I will book a ferry."

"Babe? Where will we live when we go back?"

"Blue House. Do you think about somewhere else?"

"I don't have nowhere to go but my old flat, and it's already rent by another person. Am I still going to work with Mr. Park?"

"If you feel like to, I don't mind. But you should ask Mr. Park first, what will the other staff see it. President Hyun's daughter in law working in the Blue House as a staff. That's too risky, easily going to be used as another channel to hurt Dad's image."

"Anyway, who's the opponent for the next election?"

"Lee Sunkyun."

"Oh! The election is going to be tough! He is loved by the young voters."

"Yep, but the real problem is not Lee Sunkyun but Choi Jaewook, the deputy speaker of the National Assembly. He wants the President Election Act of 1987 that has been revoked ten years ago, being reenacted, therefore Dad can't be reelected as president anymore."

"Oh! Why so? Choi Jaewook wants to be a presidential candidate as well?"

"I think. He wants to get rid of Dad, not by challenge him directly in the election but to defeat him before the campaign even begins. It's getting hot in the National Assembly. Choi Jaewook has dominant supporters there."

"He knew it's almost impossible to defeat President Hyun."

"I am a soft target for Dad's reputation. That's why you're in, Mrs. Hyun. I know I'm the one to be blamed here but I really thankful for that."

"Why thankful?"

"I got you?"

"Bin, I like President Hyun. People like President Hyun. But if Choi Jaewook gets what he wants, then the President Election Act of 1987 being reenacted, then there is no point for this marriage. I'll be out of the game soon."

"Technically yes, this will be pointless, but do you know that I have a heart too? I'm not a chess piece for my Dad's chess game. This marriage is between you and me, not you and Dad."

"Do you like me that much, Hyun Bin?"

"I do. You are not his chess piece either. I won't let him use you for his own advantage. As much as I want Dad to be reelected, I want us to be happy, too."

"What's going on, Bin? Why do I feel like there are some pieces of puzzles missing here?"

"Just stay with me, baby. Dad may lose his election, but I won't lose you."

Why did I feel like I was the one who's going to battle here? Aside from the Presidential chair, was I one of the bets here?

Bin took me to Bellagio area, where small boutiques and street shops were selling souvenirs, freshly brewed coffee, pastry, and of course scented candles.

Looking at the number of scented candles I have bought, Bin made a comment, "are you a scented candles collector, Yejin?"

"Start from today. I have planned this though, one day when I finally have a husband and our own bathroom with bathtub, I will buy some scented candles for it. I want to decorate our bathroom with these as well."