The Shopwoman

Son Yejin POV

I pushed the clinic door out, followed by Bin behind me. My cheeks were still burning from his question to the doctor. How dare he. It was a simple, maybe even normal question someone would ask to any doctor, any obstetrician, but somehow I was so embarrassed. Blushed uncontrollably.

As promised, I introduced him as my husband. After the doctor performed ultrasonography on my belly and said everything was good, Bin popped the question.

"So it's a go for sex, it isn't?"

"Yes, normally, I would strongly suggest that nothing should be placed in the vagina at least for 2 weeks post-dilation and curette."

"Meaning..we can resume our sexual intercourse?"

"Yes, vaginal sexual intercourse is allowed. The pelvic rest was needed to allow the cervix to close to avoid infection. The menstrual cycle should be started within 2 weeks."

"What if we want to try to get pregnant again?"

"Wait for at least 3 cycles of menstruation, so 3 months from now, just to avoid health risk."

"Thanks, good to know that."

I cut him before he can pop another question.

"I am sorry, doc."

"It's fine, you should ask for this eventually, it's an important matter for couples. I will remind every of my patient from now, without being asked."

I nodded and hid my embarrassment by staring at my shoes. The doctor's facial expression was totally calm, and so was Bin. No, he looked curious. Oh, God.

Later inside the car, I stared mostly at the window, avoiding his gaze, but still stole a glance or two once in a while. He drove and hummed a song, any song the radio was playing at the moment. I played with the hem of my skirt and wished that there would be no traffic jams for today. Aside from worried about being late, I wanted to disappear for a while, worried that I would be unable to respond if Bin brings up the sex topic from the doctor's explanation. He had not asked me anything related to that though.

"So, you really can't get a day off?" he asked.

"No, at least until a month from now. I am a trainee."

"I really want to take you to Cambridge. It's really pretty there, and not far from here. An hour by train, 90 minutes by car. I personally choose the car, so we can be more flexible to take a look around the city. You like city sightseeing, don't you?"

"Yes, well if you want to spend a whole day then go without me."

"I said I don't want to go alone."

"You can ask your friends to go with you. You have a lot of friends here."

"Ah, I see. Callie, Clara, Annie, Brittany...hmm maybe Audrey, or Bella? Any of these girls should be able to go with me," he scrolled his phonebook on his phone.

Really?? He's going to ask his female friends??

"Is there anyone named James, Landon, or Luke on your phone?" Annoyed, I randomly picked up male names to allude him.

"Nope. I only have Rachel, Charlotte, and Ashley left here. Oh, and Charlene. I'll ask them one by one later. No worries."

What the hell??

"Oh, well, have fun then!" I folded my hands in front of my chest.

He chuckled. "Why? You look unhappy."

"I am happy."

"No. Not unhappy, but totally jealous."

"Jealous? Oh come on, why would I be?"