When The Chips Are Down

Hyun Bin POV

I heard some PSS agents around me were fussy over something, mentioning Amethyst1, Yejin's code name.

"What is it? Are you talking about Amethyst1?"

"Mr. Hyun, Miss Choonja is down. The rest of the agents who supposed to be with her are unreachable. We believe that Mrs. Hyun is unguarded now. The protocol is to secure you as soon as possible. We have to move to the safe room."

Panic. Absolutely panic. I stayed quiet and followed them walking out and eavesdropped over the agents' communication responding to their earpieces.

"Tiger1 is on the move to birdnest."

"Picking up Sharon1 on our way."

Mom. They would fetch Mom along with me. I walked fast and met my mother in the hallway, walked out together, heading out to the safe room.

"Where's Dad?" I asked.

"National Assembly building. He should be back soon but I'm not sure about this emergency situation. I hope Yejin is okay out there. Do you know why she was coming to her old flat?"

I noticed that these days, since Choi Jaewook called off his deal to let Yejin go from us, Mom started to mention Yejin as Yejin, my wife, not Miss Son the crisis staff. She and Yejin got along preparing the banquet for the Japanese. Mother didn't complain a lot like she used to do. She followed her direction to address my latest scandal, and I spotted them together on numerous state events.

"I don't know. I thought she's in her office. Choonja her guard, was shot down but still alive. I want to look up for her but damn this protocol. Can I find my way out?"

"You can't. Don't endanger me and your Dad too by going reckless outside by yourself!"

"It's my wife out there!"

"Then what? You're going to draw attention out there. We have the best agents to track her down and bring her here safely."

I would be dying so helpless, being the son of the most powerful man in this country but unable to save my own wife. We almost reached the safe room, located under the back yard of the Blue House, hidden in the middle of the garden.

"You know me, Mom. It's either you let me go guarded, or I will find a way to escape that safe house."

"No way! I'm not going to lose you!"

"I will be okay out there! I just want to bring her safe. Let me go with some agents or I will-"

She stopped her step and pulled me closer to speak with a lower voice.
"You stubborn! Wait until it's sure that you and I are safe. I know this isn't what you want but for God's sake, you are Hyun Bin the son of President Hyun! You can't just walk away on the street like that! She is with a well-trained man so I believe that she should be safe."

"Well trained?"

"Choi Youngjae."

"What the hell?!"

"Language, Mr. Hyun!"

"I'm sorry, Mom, but..oh shit." I put both hands on my face.

"Get yourself together! The PSS agents are looking out for her."

"Mrs. President, Mr. Hyun, I am sorry for interrupting," Mr. Han, my mother's most trusted PSS agent cut us off.

We both turned to him with a questioning look. He pulled off his earpiece and spoke with a low voice.

"We were just instructed to pull back and not looking after Mrs. Hyun. We will escort you back inside the Blue House. I am sorry."

"Whoa whoa whoa...not looking after my wife? What do you mean?"