Ace in The Hole

Hyun Bin POV

"On your way to play cards?" Mom asked me through the phone.

I was on my way to my friend's casino, and of course, guarded, when I tried to say goodbye to my mother.

"Yep, Mom. Chips are down, and I have an ace in the hole."

Cards and numbers are my things. She was the one who taught me to play cards like blackjack and poker, while Dad taught the math and markets. Since making money by counting cards was illegal, I learned to calculate numbers and trading stocks. But I never leave this night gambling game, at least until Yejin came into my life.

"Your wife is missing and you are going to a casino to play cards?! You really are your Dad's son!"

"I am your son, Mom. I said I have an ace in the hole, soon I will have straight flush but you have to help me, keep Dad busy, will you?"

"I get it. What now? What's next?"

"Can you cover for us? We won't see each other for a few days, Mom. But I'll reach you out later. Don't cry again, please. I love you, Mom."

"You can't just keep running, at some point, you have to stop."

"When Dad finally wants to become a father, I will come back home. Home, Mom, not Blue House."

"Good luck, son. Keep Yejin safe."

"I will."

I prepared my necessities and a pair of fresh clothes for Yejin. I dressed in casual clothes, brought caps and glasses to blend in.

To escape from people like PSS agents was tricky, but not impossible. I had noticed there were times where they don't pay attention to me but stand outside the door, like when I was in a kinky bachelor party or playing cards with my regular buddies.

Since I have promised Yejin to quit the first one, I was going to use my poker buddies to blur the situation and escape.

I tricked my agent to take me to a friend's casino where I had prepared my needs. Luckily I was befriended with powerful rich bad boys who won't badmouth each other's sins.

In the casino, I asked the agents to stand by in front of the private chamber, where celebrities were playing. This used to be my weekend habits, and they didn't get suspicious at all. I used to play for hours and get wasted there until the morning when they will come inside and drag me out.

I still need to pull a thing and one name was crossed my mind. I asked the casino owner to invite him in tonight. I knew he would be thrilled to have a rematch with Hyun Bin, but this time not in a club but on a blackjack table.

He has waited for me there with that smug on his face.

"Rematch on blackjack, Hyun Bin? Are you that good? What's the bet?"

"Prince Alastair, thank you for coming. I need three seats on your jet plane to Nice tonight."

"If you beat me, have the jet for yourself. I will ask another to come and get me later."

I smirked and told the card server, "count the jet as the bet."

Of course, I counted the cards and won easily. I left the chips for Alastair, trade them into a car to be borrowed once I land in Nice Côte d'Azur later.

Free from the agents' eyes, I saw a box on the table that a friend has prepared for me. There were three fake passports, two Glocks, cash, and burner phones. I went out through the special exit door and as requested, a black SUV with fake plate numbers.