Granada and The Council

Son Yejin POV

I sat still, tried my best to calm down. This man didn't point his gun to me anymore after I cooperate not to scream or do anything but just let him drive the car. I was scared as hell but I was aware that I didn't have many options. I tried to remember my training on how to handle a crisis and applied at as much as I can. Calm was the first key. He looked like a Korean, but I didn't want to assume.

"Monsieur, where are we going?"

"To the handover point. I'm on a gig to catch you and I'm six hours away from the prize."

"Six hours? Wow, the handover point must be far away from here. Who gave the order?"

"I don't know, I don't need to know, a gig to catch you just popped in the market yesterday."

"A gig? Market? Who are you? A hitman?"

"Sort of. I was in the casino to tail on my ex but then I saw you,...it's my lucky day!"

"So the gig...like in the movies?"

"Exactly like that, it's real, honey. There's an organization that connects the client and me. Usually, the gig is to kill someone but this one is to bring you alive and hand you over in Madrid. I don't know and I don't care who wants you anyway. I want the prize."

"Oh. What if after six hours to Madrid, then no one comes to pick me?"

"Then I will keep you. You can pop cute babies for me."

Oh my God.

"Don't worry, guaranteed for the next six hours I will keep you safe. They want you alive, and no scratch at all. You look pretty in the picture. I shouldn't be surprised though, you're married to a playboy. But I wonder why on earth a South Korean president's daughter in law crying alone in the casino, in Bordeaux? Where is your husband?"

"Just a bump in the marriage, I am fine."

"How much is the prize? What if my husband is willing to pay you more?"

"Then I'll give you to the highest bidder!"

"I'm sure he will pay you more. Can we give him a call, please?"

"I'm not stupid, Ma'am. They will report me to the police."

"Oh, I guarantee, they won't! We're also fugitives here."

"You what? Fugitives?"

"You heard me right, Sir. Fugitives and my husband has just won a big fat million Euros in the casino."

"Hmmm...nope. I already told the Council that I have you."

"Then create a story! Oh, come on.."

"Nope."

"Then you better spend your prize fast after you get it. The Monaco empire will come and end you soon."

"Monaco? Why would they?"

"This car belongs to Prince Alastair. Good luck."

"Prince Alastair?!"

"My husband has borrowed his jet plane and this car as part of a card bet. Remember, borrow. Alastair knows where we're supposed to go and it's the opposite direction of Madrid. You see, this car has GPS. He will collect this car at our destination. Once, again, good luck mister hitman!"

He looked groggy, and maybe Prince Alastair is my window to negotiate.

"Do you know who is Prince Alastair?"

"I do. Your husband better watches his back. He is the Council's loyal client."

"You, better watch his back. I am President Hyun's only daughter in law and the First Lady wants to have a grandchild soon, so...if I were you, rather than collecting the prize from whoever it is then losing a limb in Monaco or even my life, I will ask some ransom to Hyun Bin, who won't be able to report me to the police."