Amethyst

Son Yejin POV

Son Yejin. 28. Single.
Occupation: crisis management staff for the Blue House.

Working in the Blue House as a staff for President Hyun's was a privilege for me. I was a fresh graduate who was very lucky to be picked by Park Heesoo, the crisis manager for President Hyun's ministry. I was an intern in his law firm but one day, he needed a female staff there and I signed in.

My job was described as handling the disruptive and unexpected event that threatens to harm the image of the administration, especially President Hyun. The salary was superb but what I loved most was the experiences. Thrilling. I became one of the first persons who knows about a national crisis and being a part of those who handles it. This job shaped me to be a tough, efficient, and calm person. I was trained on how to handle a crisis elegantly.

My official working hours were 9/5, but later I realized that I had to standby 24/7. I was still single and had no one to take care of back in my flat so I had no reason to object whenever Park Heesoo summons me in for taking care of President Hyun and his family.

President Hyun had an image as a great family man, no scandal from the past, and loved his family dearly. The first lady, Mrs. Hyun, was a good balance for the stiff President Hyun. I liked to call her in a more formal way, Mrs. President. She was a cheerful woman and being loved by the staff and the whole country.

In my first week in the Blue House, I got special attention from Mrs. President. An accident almost happened in my first week of working, during an estate dinner. Mrs. President wore a cocktail dress, that happened to be a similar dress that was worn by a runway model last night at Fashion TV live catwalk show. I just happened to saw the TV show the day before during my supper before bed. Problem was, the model suffered a wardrobe malfunction on the catwalk, of a loose back zipper.

Mrs. President was standing beside her husband, greeting the guests in a formal dinner. I quickly passed the President Security Service and made a gesture for an 'emergency on Sharon 1' to one of the agents. I was supposed to be stopped by the agents but this PSS guy Choi Youngjae, stepped back to give me a way to quickly held the zipper which was already started to go down on Mrs. President's back. Followed a minute later, her personal team came and took her from there.

It was no big deal, but Mr. and Mrs. President summoned me the next day to personally thanked me. I quickly drew attention from my manager Mr. Park and I was promoted from an intern to an official staff. Started from there, I got special attention from Mrs. President, in a good way, and become my manager's favorite one.

Then there was their son, Hyun Bin. A wealthy playboy who spends his time enjoying himself, irresponsible, and attached to several casual sex relationships. Impossibly gorgeous, and definitely not the marrying type.

He caused trouble. Too many troubles. From being linked to date famous celebrities, a princess from another country, and recently, he got caught attending a sex party. Other than that were over speed limit driving, raging out in public over a treatment that didn't meet his standard, still, a long list to go, things that typical snob man does.

I knew that his parents were at the point that they can't tolerate no more. He has to be tamed, handled, seriously taken care of, or we, the crisis management department, would have to work extra hard to save President Hyun's image. He will run for re-election and start the campaign in the next three months, and his son's hobbies weren't helping at all.

Just last night, Hyun Bin caused another scene in a night club. He got into a fight with a European prince. Mr. Park and I had to come and cleaned up the mess there, at 3.30 AM. Mr. Park dealt with the European prince, and I consorted him back to his mansion in the Blue House.