Star Crossed

Son Yejin POV

"Please come back exactly a week from now," the obstetrician in the clinic asked me to.

"Can I just check my self to another physician? I'm sorry, I'm just stopping by here in Granada and I have to go out of the city tonight."

"No problem. Bring this ultrasonography prints and explain your condition."

"Is there something I have to worry about this? Am I really pregnant?"

"You are pregnant, yes, take a closer look at this. This is the embryo. The size is relatively smaller than how it's supposed to be, but let's measure it again next week. Where are you going to anyway?"

"London. I will move and stay there, permanently."

"I will give you some vitamins and progesterone, you should be fine. No heavy lifting, avoid stress."

Kensington, London

"Mrs. Hyun-"

"Yejin, please."

"Yejin, I thought you already have a place here, that you're deciding to reside in London. This is a nice flat anyway, fancy neighborhood."

Shinhye made a comment on my choice of the flat while helping me unpack my barely filled suitcase. I rented an apartment in Kensington High Street, the same area where the penthouse Bin has bought for me was located. I didn't want to stay there, there were memories of us spending a night there, but I wasn't ready to let go either.

"Bin has a place here, but I don't feel like living there."

"Where is Bin's place anyway? Is it in the suburb or here in the middle of the city?"

"It's not far from here," I answered nonchalantly.

"Yejin, you've been staring at the window for ten minutes fine, what are you looking at?" Shinhye stood beside me trying to catch what has drawn me in.

"His place," I pointed at the wide window of the top-level building across us.

I rented a flat across his place. If he still wants me, eventually he will look up for me there. He knows how to trace me, no matter which passport I have used and which name I took.

The plan was Park Shinhye will stay with me for a week, until I was settled, got a new job, and everything was fine the pregnancy. She was really helpful with constant nausea, mood swings, and my silent tears during the nights aching for Bin. She would offer me a tissue or just simply sit next to me until I was done and sneezing from a stuffy nose, just like this night when she was planning to leave the next day.

"I am sorry for always disturbing your sleep. I'm not usually this weak."

"It's okay. You are one of the strongest and the calmest woman I ever watch on TV. The way you tackled his rumors was awesome. This blue mood is because you miss him, despite your disappointment with towards him. But Yejin, do you have any plan for you and him, and the baby?"

"Honestly, I don't have a firm one but I can picture myself raising my child here, only us."

"And Bin will be out of the picture?"

" Yes, no signs of him settling down with me, he is still the same playboy my child won't ever need."

"Your and his child. You will share a child with him. Takes two to tango, Yejin."

"I know."

"Let's say he finally finds you here and begs for reunite, would you accept him?'

"If he was here to claim or meet our child then I'll let him, but to be husband and wife, I'm not so sure. He will need to earn it back. He has an issue with being a faithful husband that I can't tolerate no more"