Vulnerable

Son Yejin POV

Seoul.
We were picked up by the PSS agents. Choonja introduced us to a new agent who replaced Youngjae. I was sad actually, that he resigned. We used to be close and he was nothing but a truly kind man.

While Bin was busy with his phone, I asked Choonja about Youngjae.
"So he really has resigned. Why?"
"I am sorry Ma'am. I'm not comfortable to answer why."
"Tell me, Choonja."
"Mr. Choi couldn't accept your marriage. That's all I can say, Ma'am."

Once we arrived home, a staff approached us and told that Mr. Park and Mrs. President have been waiting for us in the study. I was exhausted after 14 hours flight, and she, I believed this was my mother in law's initiate, already asked us to face her.

"Hello, Bin, Miss Son, how's the trip?" She greeted us, holding a thick envelope in her hand.

"She is Mrs. Hyun, Madam President," Bin bowed to her then corrected the way she addresses me.

"Come here, my boy," she hugged Bin.

She treated Bin like he was still a little boy. Spoiling and all, even choosing a bride for him. Me. I wonder if Bin would ever choose a bride by himself after me.

"Miss Son, regarding what my son and Mr. Park have told you before, these are what you should know about Hong Buyong, and be ready to make a statement for Blue House in two hours." She handed me the thick envelope.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"From the all pictures inside the envelope, there was only one that has leaked to the public. The least vulgar one. If I may suggest, take a rest for a moment before facing the press, Mrs. Hyun." Mr. Park added.

"Mrs. President, it would be better if Bin was present and make the statement by himself. I will be by his side and answer the questions from the press, but Bin has to make the initial statement, in my professional opinion." I tried to suggest to her, and of course, she objected.

"He doesn't need to appear on the screen. That's why we hire you, Miss Son."

"Mom-" Bin was about to object but being cut by a raising hand from his mother that gestured him to shut up.

"Mrs. President, for him to be present will give an impression as a happily married husband, a good man, replace his old impression as a reckless playboy."

"Mrs. President, I agree with Mrs. Hyun. To replace Mr. Hyun's old impression can't be build by just a week and a marriage. It takes time and process, and this kind of problem is momentum to start it. It would be better if he presents as well. After all, Miss Hong is attacking Mr. Hyun, not his wife. I strongly suggest this for another problem that would likely arise after this."

"I agree because of you, Mr. Park. And for us who knows that their marriage is an assignment, she is Miss Son, not Mrs. Hyun. And you, Miss Son, he is Mr. Hyun, address him formally."

What did I do that has made her hate me? I was her favorite staff before I agree to this marriage.

"Mother, I am a man, I can handle interviews and press, don't worry too much. Yejin will be with me as well."

"Mrs. President, if I may, I'd ask for a few minutes with you. There is something I need to ask, in private,-"I nervously asked her.