Gallivanting

Hyun Bin POV

"Hi! I'm just about to go to your place," I greeted Yejin who have been waiting for me in the lobby.

Soon as she texted me that she already waiting in the lobby, I ran straight to her. I couldn't keep her waiting.

For her to make the first move, even just became the one who sends the first text in the morning, was rare of her.

She looked very sweet, wearing a knee-length cotton dress in baby pink color. I took the bag she was carrying, a Dior tote bag filled with enough clothes for one night and countless small bottles of girly things so-called skincare and lotions.

I didn't make any comment on it though if those were all she needs to put on her face. Wouldn't do any good for me.

"Do you want to have breakfast here, or should we stop by somewhere?" I asked.

"Let's see your fridge, maybe I can fix something for us."

A good decision that last night before I picked her up from Oxford, I stopped at a grocery store to fill my fridge. Knowing that she likes to cook and her cook tastes good for me, I was hoping that this moment will come soon. Her coming to my place and cook some for me. I personally thought that it was more intimate than going out to a fancy restaurant.

Sounds very unlike me, but I found myself gradually shifting to more domestic life since I moved away from my parents and trying to mend things with Yejin, who prefers home-cooked meal than Michelin stars cuisine.

Seeing her getting busy in the kitchen was my new favorite view. Being together but living separately sparked unexplained feelings towards her. Excited.

She never fails to get me excited every day. The misery, the tease, and the temptation to take her one step closer to me. Once in a while, I thought about taking a step back on her icy queen days, to draw her closer but usually, it always me who then take two to three-step closer.

She knew really well how to get me on my knees.

"Wait, stop by the receptionist for a moment, " I told her.

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"Hi, Ma'am. I've ordered a new access card for the penthouse under the name Hyun, may I collect it now?" I asked the staff behind the reception desk.

"Good morning, Sir. Sure, we've put this on the system. Who's going to hold the card?"

"My wife, " I held her hand and gently pulled her closer to the desk.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hyun, can I have your ID to be copied? Just for a moment."

She looked surprised but then took her ID out and put it on the desk. The receptionist excuses herself to make a copy of Yejin's ID.

"Access card?" she asked.

"Yes, so you don't always have to wait for me or the bodyguard to pick you up in the lobby to go up."

"I'm not that often coming here."

"I wish you would."

"Oh."

"For now, just think of it as a spare for me so if I lose it I can borrow yours."

She didn't make further comment on that and thanked the receptionist herself for the new access card and her ID back.

"Try it," I asked her to tap her card in the elevator.

Flash green light.

"It's working. Thank you."