Family Tree

Son Yejin POV

I studied the copy of Choi Youngjae's scanned birth certificate, on my computer screen. Nothing was suspicious. Choi Youngjae, the first son of Choi Jaewook, and Oh Hyewon born in 1989. Went to military school and joined the navy for a year before signing up to President Security Service in the era of President Hyun, and became President Hyun's most trusted personal bodyguard before being assigned to Hyun Bin when he started to involved in messy troubles, and last, being assigned to me for a week before he resigned a day before my wedding day.

I knew Youngjae was that impressive, but I didn't know that President Hyun chose a new and unexperienced young agent to stay by his side, along with other agents who were periodically being rotated.

Using my employee access, I looked up for Choi Jaewook. Long before National Assembly, he was a stock trader in Saxo Bank. His political career began twenty years ago, and no documented cases. A politician with a clean record. Married to Oh Hyewon, then after his wife's death, he married a former National Assembly administrative staff, who may lead him to a political career.

Oh Hyewon, was a former stock trader in Saxo Bank, until her death. Written that she was sick and depressed after giving birth in 1991. Not much to dig, just some photographs of her with Choi Jaewook and baby Choi Youngjae. No more photographs, so maybe she had a miscarriage or other horrible experience that so upsetting that she fell sick and depressed.

Mr. Park stated his worry about Hyun Bin. Choi Youngjae stated that I didn't know who was the Hyun. While I had my privacy and access, I looked up for the Hyuns one by one, even though I have read their files at the beginning of my career in Blue House.

President Hyun, born Hyun Woosung. A businessman, gained his fortune through stock trading. His fund placement was mainly in South Korean stocks through Saxo Bank as the brokerage firm. His political career was started gaining attention when he was elected as the Seoul mayor and slowly climbed up to higher political positions. Before winning the presidential election, he was the former South Korean ambassador in England for almost ten years. Maybe that's why Hyun Bin finished his formal school there and even called London as his hometown.

Married to Lee Mina, or I called her as Mrs. President, in 1987. Lee Mina was a former winner of beauty pageant Miss Korea and has invested most of her time in social philanthropy events. She has special attention to kids' orphanages, kids refugees, and everything that related to helping misfortune kids.

Hyun Bin, their only son, went to South Korean private schools before moved to London with his parents and finished his formal school and went to college there. Bin's countless case records were the exact opposite of Youngjae's cleaned one.

I didn't know what to dig here. Everything seemed normal. The Chois, the Hyun. I called Park Heesoo for more clues.

"Mr. Park, I've been reading the Chois and Hyuns files, but what am I looking into? I've started with Youngjae's birth certificate anyway."

"Son Yejin, I'm on my way out of the country. I got a threat and it's best for me to lay low for a while. Once I was safe I will reach out for you."

"What? Mr. Park, why don't you ask the PSS agents to guard you? I'm going to ask President Hyun now, I'm out of my study now, Sir, where are you?"

"Don't. Don't tell them anyway. The threat is from inside the Blue House. This call may be bugged as well. I'll reach out to you. Keep all your correspondence channels on."

"I will. Sir, what am I looking to at these files?"

"One of the birth certificates is fake. Bin and Youngjae are blood-related. Youngjae possibly has found out but I'm not sure about Bin. I can't really read him, and I'm not sure what chaos is about to come. It might be related to this, it might be not. Your husband's problem with the ex-staff who made a confession of sexual harassment isn't over yet."