State Banquet

Hyun Bin POV

I was still processing this ridiculous marriage idea from my parents. And the bride too, her? A staff? I thought they would choose an eligible bachelorette from another country, someone important's daughter, a beauty pageant winner, or sort of.

When I read her file to learn more about her, I admitted that she was good looking, but...plain? I rarely saw her, but in those rare occasions, she always wore a typical working attire, no killer skirt or blouse, no killer stilettos.

But I have no room to negotiate either, I knew what I've done. I was enjoying the privilege of being the President's son. I was guarded with PSS, got special treatment almost everywhere, never have to reserve on something, and of course, a babe magnet. Girls were already fell for hearing my name.

Settling down was still far from my plan. But to hold on to this privilege was important. I chose to obey my parents and play along whatever the game was. The plan should be easy, pretend to date for a week, legally get married, building an image that these days were so-called relationship goals, and divorced after the inaugural ceremony. We had to live together and share the bedroom, not the bed. Of course, it would be weird to have two beds in the same room but I can always sneak out to the other bedroom once I dismiss the PSS.

I got the impression that she was trying to guard up and act professionally as this stunt was a job for her. She was being paid for it. But I noticed that she gulped when I told her about I rule the bedroom.

If she was that professional, she would not even blink, but she gulped. Tempted, miss Son?

I was being told that she would start tonight, to be my consort for the state dinner. The first announcement would be released tonight for the internal affairs, and the media frenzy would start tomorrow as the official statement released.

She stood by my side and played with her, our, fake-engagement ring. She looked prettier tonight in a pastel-colored dress, a very different look from her usual formal attire. Her hair and face were done, and she looked like a beauty pageant contestant. Attractive enough to be my arm candy for the next five months.

We walked behind my parents as we entered the ballroom. As anticipated, the guests were whispering one to another, and as they landed their eyes on the lady on my arm.

She flaunted her smile. I could feel her hands were sweating as I held hers, but her face played it well. We were approached by some guests and the estate secretary who was assigned to walk with us greeting the guests introduced her as my fiance. That I have proposed to her and planned our wedding next week.

This dinner was easy, I was more worried about the media for tomorrow. There will be a lot of questions, hate speeches, and gossips that would likely attack her. Well, maybe that's why my parents chose her. That was her daily job. But she used to defend our family, not her own self. Would it cause her some hard time?

"Mr. Hyun, are you okay?" her question brought me back from my wandering mind.

"I am. Why?"

"You're spacing out. I was asking you a question, do you want some drinks? I was going to ask for some champagne to the maid." She whispered.

"Yes. Brandy."

"Bourbon whiskey an hour ago, then brandy? You're an old fashioned. How old are you, Sir?"